Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you hold end of the year parties at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've been to a few over the years and this year our kids want to hold one of their own.  It looks like a big ordeal, if you ask me.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM

The only end of the year party that I have is held on Dec 31 in the evening hours, and it ends in the early morning hours on Jan 1.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Nope...I bought the kids ice cream today on the way to turn in our end of year homeschool reports. Does that count?
TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:44 AM

We do - this year we actually ended up having three. It's not a big deal - we have pizza or burgers or something, the kids get in the pool or we have sundaes and they play or something. For the biggest one I had little buckets with beach balls and sidewalk chalk in it for the kids. 

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM

No, I think its kinda dumb IMO. I had one once at the end of grade 7 or 8 when I was leaving for Cadet Camp a few hours away, I was gone for 8 weeks (got paid). So I had a sleepover boy/girl party in my basement.

My kids wont get one either unless they leave for a whole summer. and want to party with friends before they go.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Nope. I'm not big on hosting parties.

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

no, but my kids wanted to... I agree, a big pain in the butt.  My youngest has a birthday at the end of May, so we already have a party at the end of May... sure don't want to do one a week or two later for end of school...

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My daughter, age 9, will be having hers Friday night and my son, age 11, will be having one Saturday night. They are only inviting kids friends and kids they like.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Quoting jen113000:

Nope! Never have and never been invited to one.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

We have not, but, we have hosted neighborhood bbqs. Our school houses a very small, but, lots of kids, neighborhood. We are very suburb, no businesses near, but, a wanted gas station. Lol

I plan to host s'mores nights for our 'hood, and water fun dates too. :) As I have in years past.

Most cost very little, as, if I ask neighbors to bring 'things' (snacks, sides, condiments, etc) , they do. 

Though, with bdays we've hosted, we've provided the food. Usually pizza. Lol for ds's baptism, we had a ton of people, and we fed them, late December. We had chicken and turkey roasts. :)

I am a couponer, saver. Even if I don't need to be. Just in me. Lol

calsmom62
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
We did in our previous town, here its a larger community and people don't have them here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN