Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what if it was your child (Edit)

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

not sure if this worked...but this is the new world vision commerical...what do you think?  I am talking about the reality of slavery/child labour in this world...3rd world contries and ours...YES it happens here! What can we do about this horrible life for these kids!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I'm sure we all have said that we wanted to sell our kids but never would.  I know I wouldn't.

family in the van   Mom of four

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Quoting soymujer:

I'm sure we all have said that we wanted to sell our kids but never would.  I know I wouldn't.

ohh I have thrented to sell my DS to the moon but this is more about child labour.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I don't understand the question...

what if my child was acting in a commercial? That child was sold...she sold her image for a paycheck.

What if it was my kid sold into slavery? Seriously doubt that will happen here and those countries that allow child labor need go get their S#!t together.
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Sold for work i doubt in the states but kids forced into sex slavery does happen in the states. :(

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

what if my child was acting in a commercial? That child was sold...she sold her image for a paycheck.

What if it was my kid sold into slavery? Seriously doubt that will happen here and those countries that allow child labor need go get their S#!t together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I read a book about sex slavery for one of my psych classes. Heartbreaking stuff.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Quoting aetrom:

Sold for work i doubt in the states but kids forced into sex slavery does happen in the states. :(

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Both happen here! Sex slaves, domestic servents...USA, Canada UK....happens EVERYWHERE.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Bump
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Sad, but true. :( I don't understand how people who subject kids to that can live with themselves. :(

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting aetrom:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Both happen here! Sex slaves, domestic servents...USA, Canada UK....happens EVERYWHERE.

Kathy489
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Some parents send their kids out not knowing what is going to happen to them. They do it because they can't afford to feed their children, and they think that their kids are going to some kind of a home for kids where they will be taken care of. There is a lot of ignorance involved. I don't think that parents would directly make the decision to sell their kids into it, but the people who are running the black market sure do know what THEY are doing! I hope they rot in hell.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Also very true, and I agree with you.

Quoting Kathy489:

Some parents send their kids out not knowing what is going to happen to them. They do it because they can't afford to feed their children, and they think that their kids are going to some kind of a home for kids where they will be taken care of. There is a lot of ignorance involved. I don't think that parents would directly make the decision to sell their kids into it, but the people who are running the black market sure do know what THEY are doing! I hope they rot in hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)