Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could be wrong with him? (Edit) ((update))

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

My DS (8) is normally very talkitve and happy and VERY VERY energetic...last two days not so much. Barely talking, very cuddily (he normal is no touchie) seems lathagic (spelling??)

He normally eats a lot (two bowls of ceral in the morning, fairly big lunch, and dinner plus snacks) last two days (tues and wed) he barly ate his ceral, most of his lunch comes home and hardly touches dinner. He wants to go to bed early and is really hard to wake up in the morning.

He doesnt have the energy to ride his bike to school we walks it. 

He just seems very sad and run down...

This is not like him he is normaly the energizer bunny on redbull! Few people have come up to me to ask me...he just doesnt seem himself..is just really something to go to the docs about??

Any ideas...

Thanks everyone...today was the same story getting him to school but this time said that the seat was hurting his "privates" (said the real word but I will keep it G here) after school he was VERY cranky but actually went to his friends house for a bit...ate most of his dinner (steak buger and some veggies) but still seemed just less himself...going to give it one more day then will go to the docs..thanks

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Flu?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

Flu?

doesnt seem to have a fever and no puking...

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:32 AM

How is his throat?    DD is being tested for mono and one of the big red flags is lethargy and no appetite.  Has he been able to say how he feels at all?  Sore, achy, weak (cant stand or sit up on own) feeling.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

How is his throat?    DD is being tested for mono and one of the big red flags is lethargy and no appetite.  Has he been able to say how he feels at all?  Sore, achy, weak (cant stand or sit up on own) feeling.

wow mono in 8 thats a scary thought...he just feels really tired "heavy" (he is super skinny so its not that)

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Depressed or stressed about something? Iron deficiency? I'm just throwing out possible causes. I really have no idea. Have there been any big (or big to him) life changes recently?

I run our local bear cub scouts (9 yo boys) , and we combine with the 8yo wolf boys sometimes. I always thought there was something wrong with my ds, until I saw most of the boys 8 and 9 are super hyper too. Lol and, ds eats alot too (even though he and dd are super skinny) . I'd be concerned if my ds exhibited the signs your ds is. 

I'd talk to your pediatrician. Just to see. Dd got a tummy ache one day, and was in bad pain. Took her to instacare and she had her appendix out that night. Better safe than sorry. Jmho 

Good luck! I hope you get some answers! :)

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

In a nutshell, I would take him in. Doc can ask very pointed questions. Keep us updated.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Depressed or stressed about something? Iron deficiency? I'm just throwing out possible causes. I really have no idea. Have there been any big (or big to him) life changes recently?

I run our local bear cub scouts (9 yo boys) , and we combine with the 8yo wolf boys sometimes. I always thought there was something wrong with my ds, until I saw most of the boys 8 and 9 are super hyper too. Lol and, ds eats alot too (even though he and dd are super skinny) . I'd be concerned if my ds exhibited the signs your ds is. 

I'd talk to your pediatrician. Just to see. Dd got a tummy ache one day, and was in bad pain. Took her to instacare and she had her appendix out that night. Better safe than sorry. Jmho 

Good luck! I hope you get some answers! :)

Thanks yeah he is normally EXTREMLY energetic...almost to the point that people think he has ADHD but  doc says no...Just worries me my nomally happy child just seems so not himself...I might keep him home tommrow and take him to the docs...something needs to happen!

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

In a nutshell, I would take him in. Doc can ask very pointed questions. Keep us updated.

Thanks I will...going to to bed and lay with him for a bit...worried about him...

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Not uncommon... We were suspected but it turned into something else...

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting frndlyfn:

wow mono in 8 thats a scary thought...he just feels really tired "heavy" (he is super skinny so its not that)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I would take him in. Major chamges in personality always alarm me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)