Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Backyard Inflatable Water Parks

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

What do you think of them?  Do you have one?  Do you like it?  Are they worth the money?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I do not have one since we have a permanent pool.  I would honestly think long and hard about getting one for a few reasons.  We have a bounce house and do not permit water anywhere near it because there would be a serious mold issue if it is put away even slightly damp.  The same would happen with one of these, so you'd have to ensure that it was completely dry before storing it.  You also have a bit of a liability issue that most insurances don't cover.  I'm not even sure if there is a rider for something like that.  Then there is all of the water that it uses.  IMO, it would be cheaper and less work to invest in a pool.  Not to mention that you could use the pool too, but would look really silly cooling off on an inflatable water thingy that is made for little kids.

aj23
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I considered one when I was looking at bounce houses. I decided against it mainly because of the work and expense required. It would increase the water bill because of the amount they hold and the frequency that they would have to be filled and the electric bill because of the blower.
To me it wasn't worth having to fill it up and drain and dry it each time it was used since I wanted to use it a lot.
I also decided against the bounce house for the sole reason that every time I fill up the kiddie pool it attracts 10 extra kids and the bounce house would have been worse. I didn't want to always deal with kids who felt entitled to play with my sons toys.
If it wasn't going to be a daily use thing or if you have kids willing to help with the upkeep and you can handle the expense then it would be worth it. They are fun.
Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM

We have one of those bonzai (did I spell that right?) water slides. I never wanted it, dh is a child at heart, and got it on a whim. Lol. It is a pain in the butt getting out. It attracts all the darn neighborhood kids who never have any parents around and you have to make sure it completely dries before you put it away, or it will get moldy. We put it over the swing set, or hang it in the garage. I don't pull it out very often if dh isn't home. My oldest can help, but it still sucks doing it.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM

We had one of the larger inflatable pools w/ a slide one summer. It was a pita to set up (took what felt like forever to inflate) and drain. I didn't mind the neighborhood kids coming over to play in it, as long as they weren't too rough, but a couple of them were a bit rougher than I'd like; the pool ended up w/ a hole on a seam that was very hard to get to and dh never could get it mended properly. It didn't last very long. Luckily we had gotten it on clearance at the end of the previous summer, so we weren't out a lot of $.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

It seems like it would get old fast and be a pain to clean. 

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I wouldn't have one because of the liability. Same reason we don't have a tramp. Many, many people in my 'hood have tramps. I'm like, go play on theirs. Lol I'd never dream of suing though.

Binkys_Buttons
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Young golden retriever + inflatable anything = bad idea at our house
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN