Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 6/16/13

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

Tell me your favorite memory of your father.....

Tell me your favorite memory of your DH/SO as a father.....

~~CINDY

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM
My father - when I was growing up, my dad was establishing his own business and worked 6 days a week. His only day off was Sunday and he loved watching football on TV (this was the 70s, we only had like 8 channels) and my brother and I spent a lot of Sundays laying on couch with my dad watching football. DS loves to go to my parents' house on Sundays to watch football with my dad. I love that because I have very clear memories of when I did it.

DH - I remember the first night DH coached DD's soccer team. He stooped down to their eye level and shook their hands as he introduced himself. Just watching him on the field with the kids, I felt so proud that he was mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyAmaranth
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  1. Dad-going on a date with him as a teen and being told how I should be treated by guys.

DLH-he never wanted kids til he met me. Knowing this, the first time I caught him snuggling on the couch with our newborn son(#1) was a special moment.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My favorite memory of my dad would be crusing around in his car with the windows all the way down and the radio all the way up.  I always thought that my dad was so cool, until I became a teen and was mortified by his music blasting.  lol  My dad still cruses around with the windows all the way down and the radio all the way up, I'm no longer embarrassed by his music though.

My favorite memory of my husband would be way back when the boys were infants and he'd nap in the recliner with the boys on his chest.  It was so sweet to see them both napping so peacefully.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

My fave of my dad? Hm. Probably Christmas when I was about 7. I got a basic Lego set and remember sitting on the sofa w/ him w/ those. He was showing me the best ways to get my walls to stay together well and how to make cars. I think he had more fun w/ the Legos that day than I did!

Fave of dh w/ the kids? Although I love all the times he is working/playing w/ all 3 of them, my absolute fave has got to be when he saw/held ds1 for the first time. The day before ds1 was born, I had spent the day in the ER w/ dh, who had the fastest developing case of pneumonia the staff had ever seen. His blood pressure dropped and they were having trouble getting it back up, so he was admitted into the cardiac ICU. Of course I went into labor that night- thank goodness my mom came out early (lives out of state) and was there to be my labor coach. The ICU and L & D nurses were awesome- my mom called up to the ICU unit to let them know I was in the Family Life Center about to push, and the ICU nurses actually ran a phone line into dh's room so he could listen in (and turned off the IV med they were giving dh to get his blood pressure back up as they handed him the phone, saying "You wife is about to give birth."). My mom did "color commentary", and a L & D nurse found a Polaroid camera and took pix for my mom to take up to dh just a few minutes after ds1 was born. Dh did not get to see his first child until ds1 and I were being released; we met up in the hospital lobby, dh in a surgical mask. Dh wasn't released until a day or 2 later. His expression as he finally got to hold ds1 was just priceless- he actually got all teary.

momofjkkc
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I am very close with my dad so we have tons of memories. The two that stick out in my mind is #1 when dh asked for permission to propose to me and Dad said it was ok but if he ever hurt me in any way dad would kill him (Thank God they are best friends). The.other is my dad taking me to my girl scout.father daughter dance when I was 10and taught me how to slow dance.
Dh as a father, it's not really a memory but a photogragh. A few years ago we took the kids out to Seattle. We were walking down the street and somehow I was behind everyone. I took a picture of them. It was in row dh sd#1, sd#2, and ds. They were walking in step and everything. If I wasn't on mobile I'd post the pic.
RaineyLeigh
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My Dad- I am honestly lucky enough to have too many to chose just one! My Dad was an honest hard working man. Tall and handsome. He always made me feel safe and I knew if I had any troubles he would be there to help me. My parents just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and thay have been a wonderful example as to how a husband and wife should go about living/working and raising a family.He just turned 70 and is batteling Parkinsons and dementia.

My DH- I would have to say is just seeing him with our boys. I have a similar experience with a photo...actually maybe more than one photo! Anyway, we had gone to an air show and were walking along the tarmac amongst the planes. DS1 on one side of DH and DS2 on the other, all holding hands. I just love to see that big strong man holding the hands of those two tiny boys! The other photo was basically the same but took place on a trip to the Grand Canyon....and can I just say THANK GOD he held on to them! oh! the gray hair I grew from that trip! lol!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

The first part is a tough one for me. 

The second one would have to be when we first brought Nate home from the hospital and Brian carried him around everywhere. He was so gentle with this tiny little baby. It instantly brought out a side to him I'd never seen. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I have so many great memories of both it's hard to choose.... Let's see...

I think my favorite memory with my dad is this time he took me to his office with him at night- he had to run up for something he forgot. It seemed like midnight to me, but it was probably 9pm or so. LOL Anyway, it was dark and he was listening to baseball and Harry Callous (sp?) was the announcer. Just seems to epitomize my childhood somehow.

My favorite memory of DH as a dad was when I first told him I was pregnant. He was speechless and just grabbed me and hugged me. He couldn't believe it and he was so happy. Sadly, I miscarried, but I will never forget that reaction. He was always so happy and proud each time he found out I was pregnant.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I don't have a favorite memory of my father since I was hardly ever around him growing up.  Now, my fave of my grandpa who raised me was I always had to run to him after my bath when I was little and have him get me dressed.

My hubby-The very first time he saw his son.  He wasn't in the delivery room for his daughter's birth so he had never experienced that.  He didn't want to be in the room as he gets light headed easily seeing blood.  I told him He was going to be in there and didn't have to be "down" there.  The nurses gave him our son after they had cleaned him up and it was just so precious. 

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN