Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

He called my 5yr old fat.

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

So there is this boy on my dd's bus he is in the 4th grade.he is always talking to her when she get off the bus being nice and whatever.well over the weekend I kept hearing my dd say she was fat and I asked her why she was saying that because we have never said anything like that.she told me that T told her she was fat on the bus and needed to go on a diet.i am pretty upset so. Talked to her and told her that it was not true that T was jus being mean and her father had a talk with her.well my husband took her out yesterday Any they stopped to eat lunch and she told my husband she needed a diet soda and didnt want lunch because she is fat and needs to lose weight.im a a loss as what to do.she is 5 for crying out loud she does need to be worrying about this stuff at this age.today is her last day on the bus so I told her she needed to ignore T and tell him to leave her alone if he speaks to her.any tips on how to get her out of this funk.i don't want my baby thinking she is fat.she is a beautiful little girl and should not be worrying about this

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jteffs
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
She doesn't look fat to me.
Babymama7710
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM

She isn't she is about 32lbs and not even close to being fat the kid is just a jerk

Quoting jteffs:

She doesn't look fat to me.

cholita1978
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is a 4th grader talking to a 5 year old little girl? obviously he's not being nice, hopefully she doesn't have to deal with him again.  and your dd is not fat at all

corrinacs
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow!  I would just keep encouraging her the best that you can!  Its going to take a lot of work to undo what he's said to her, but you can do it :).

I wonder if she has a "crush" on him, so to speak.....and she wants to make him happy by changing to she will be like what he would "like".  I would talk to her from that angle to see where it gets you!

Good luck! 

Babymama7710
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Ya they live by us and he is always talking to her on the bus we are moving in a few weeks out of the town we are in now today is the last day she will see him.he usually acts nice to her infront of me or her father I had no idea he was calling her fat on the bus till this weekend

Quoting cholita1978:

Why is a 4th grader talking to a 5 year old little girl? obviously he's not being nice, hopefully she doesn't have to deal with him again.  and your dd is not fat at all

Babymama7710
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Thanks.hopefully we can get her out of this soon it breaks my heArt to hear her say it.i have asked her before if she likes him and she said no that she is to young to like boys lol but ill ask her again

Quoting corrinacs:

Oh wow!  I would just keep encouraging her the best that you can!  Its going to take a lot of work to undo what he's said to her, but you can do it :).

I wonder if she has a "crush" on him, so to speak.....and she wants to make him happy by changing to she will be like what he would "like".  I would talk to her from that angle to see where it gets you!

Good luck! 

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I honestly think all kids get called fat by someone at some point. It's happened to my daughter and she's not overweight either. There is always going to be that one child that comes from bad parenting examples and calling a girl fat, is still very much the one thing that guys turn to when they are feeling insecure about themselves. I'm sure this boy heard it at home, and because of whatever reason doesn't like your daughter, so that's what he used.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell your daughter that she is beautiful and NOT FAT.  She is thin AND beautiful.  I would contact that brat's parents and demand he apologize and retract his statement.  

You can try to show her pictures of fat kids and then ask her if she thinks she looks like that.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

She's definitely fine.

I would talk to her about how people say things just to be mean sometimes. She knows herself better than anyone else, so she needs to not take every criticism made to heart.

If several heart-to-heart talks don't help her get over this mean thing and she still tries to cut back, start talking about proper nutrition and how not eating at her age could really affect her growth and development.

churchlady08
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I would have a talk with that kid's mother.  That is a bully.  She is beautiful and she is NOT fat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN