Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Boast Post: Caden finished the year strong!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Caden's last day was today, and he got his last report cards!

He was typical for getting quite a few S-'s.....but he only got one today (probably in organiztion LOL).

But otherwise, he's picked up all of his other "grades".  His teacher said he's grown so much, matured a lot!

Essentially, we have an up and coming first grader in the fall :) :).  And here i was worried about his last interim!  Shows how well a kid can bounce back from the things that happen in their lives :)

This summer we are persuing testing.  We believe (well, fairly sure, but metrics always help your case) that he's gifted.  That way we can walk into first grade knowing what he's going to need!

In the meantime, we are working with him all summer on fun trips, activities, and workbooks :).  His handwriting needs the most work :/.

Anyway, boast post over :)

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM

We are having issues wiht handwriting still and dd is going into 2nd grade.  Quite a few of her rarely got bumped up to consistently on her report card.  Our "grading"system is weird.

corrinacs
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Odd.  Of course, we are in Kindergarten, hence the S's and S-'s, etc.

I guess continue to work on handwriting LOL.  My DH has aweful handwriting, so I know where Caden gets it from LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

We are having issues wiht handwriting still and dd is going into 2nd grade.  Quite a few of her rarely got bumped up to consistently on her report card.  Our "grading"system is weird.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My ODD is now 15 and she still had horrible handwriting lol.  It was her only N (needs improvement) she ever received on report cards when she was younger.  One of her teachers once told me it was something she often saw in  gifted children.  She is an all A honor student now and I still have a hard time reading her handwriting. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM

We have numbers 1-4 for grade level evaluation which dd stayed right at 3 for at level where she supposed to be and then we have + consistently ,/ developing, etc   A few areas were either developing or rarely and by end of year they got to consistently.   She hates writing but the teacher sent home the work books they used during school so we can continue to work on them.

Quoting corrinacs:

I guess continue to work on handwriting LOL.  My DH has aweful handwriting, so I know where Caden gets it from LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Have a great summer. Congrats on your new 1st grader!!

corrinacs
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  That would make sense.  Caden's handwriting has always been terrible.  Its like he can't get the thoughts out quick enough!

Quoting Txlisa7969:

My ODD is now 15 and she still had horrible handwriting lol.  It was her only N (needs improvement) she ever received on report cards when she was younger.  One of her teachers once told me it was something she often saw in  gifted children.  She is an all A honor student now and I still have a hard time reading her handwriting. 

saraadria
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Woohooo!  :D

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Good for him!

momofjkkc
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM
My boys school does the 1-4 also. But they dont do the + or-. I hate it. I prefer the A-F grading.
Good job to your little one!

Quoting frndlyfn:

We have numbers 1-4 for grade level evaluation which dd stayed right at 3 for at level where she supposed to be and then we have + consistently ,/ developing, etc   A few areas were either developing or rarely and by end of year they got to consistently.   She hates writing but the teacher sent home the work books they used during school so we can continue to work on them.

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting frndlyfn:

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Awesome- wtg Caden!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)