Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Well that is smart...NOT!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

So today the school closed, they also post the 1st-5th grade teacher lists. All great, but they never updated the supply list online. Which is the ONLY place you can find it. The one they have the 12-13 school year, they don't even open back up till 2wks before school starts. So wouldn't you think it be smart to update the supply list NOW instead of giving parents 2 WEEKS to get supplies together?! Especially since we are going on vacation around that time so I will even have less time to do it, id rather have it all done before we go on vacation. Does anyone elses school give supply lists last minute?

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM
My first grader brought his home with his report card. I'm assuming we get the one for eighth grade when we go pick up his schedule a couple weeks before school.....which is irritating.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Keep checking the website. Even if school doesn't re-open until 2 weeks prior, the website might be updated. DS is in middle school...last year we got his list about 2 or 3 weeks prior to the first day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

We have our list already but it is subject to change at any time.

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I would even been happy with the BASIC supply list right now, they have the basic list and then another one per teacher request, so I could understand not having the teacher one yet and I could deal with that cause it would mostly be folders and writing books etc so doing that last minute is ok with me. But not giving any of it till a few weeks before is frustrating especially since I am one to plan ahead.

Quoting -42-:

My first grader brought his home with his report card. I'm assuming we get the one for eighth grade when we go pick up his schedule a couple weeks before school.....which is irritating.

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Quoting coolmommy2x:

Keep checking the website. Even if school doesn't re-open until 2 weeks prior, the website might be updated. DS is in middle school...last year we got his list about 2 or 3 weeks prior to the first day.

I hope so, cause today they posted a thing that the school is shut down till Aug 15th or something and that any important calender stuff is already posted and to have a nice summer basically.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Why do you need a list for the BASIC supply list!?  Really!?  It's been crayons, pencils, glue, and paper since the beginning of time.  Don't waste your energy worried about something so trivial.  Enjoy the summer! lol

Quoting Mommynwife26:

I would even been happy with the BASIC supply list right now, they have the basic list and then another one per teacher request, so I could understand not having the teacher one yet and I could deal with that cause it would mostly be folders and writing books etc so doing that last minute is ok with me. But not giving any of it till a few weeks before is frustrating especially since I am one to plan ahead.

Quoting -42-:

Rbrown72707
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Just call and ask.  Even though school is closed, the office is still open.

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I hope so, cause today they posted a thing that the school is shut down till Aug 15th or something and that any important calender stuff is already posted and to have a nice summer basically.

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

It's a community supply list and a teacher supply list. The community supply list is pretty specific, like only Crayola Crayons and Klennex brand tissue and how much of such. Anything else and they will tell you to redo it, only cause everyone in the classes use the same thing so they don't want different stuff. And that's the bigger of the lists so the most money.

Quoting mjande4:

Why do you need a list for the BASIC supply list!?  Really!?  It's been crayons, pencils, glue, and paper since the beginning of time.  Don't waste your energy worried about something so trivial.  Enjoy the summer! lol

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting -42-:

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We have what is called "Step Up Day" at the end of each school year. Kids move up to the next grade for a day, meet their new teacher and see who will be in their class. They also get a supply list from their new teacher, which is very helpful!

My oldest is moving to middle school next year and so far I've heard nothing about school supplies for him. He gets his class schedule in August, but IDK if a supply list comes with that schedule or not.

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

That is great! I wish they had that here!

Quoting SahmTam:

We have what is called "Step Up Day" at the end of each school year. Kids move up to the next grade for a day, meet their new teacher and see who will be in their class. They also get a supply list from their new teacher, which is very helpful!

My oldest is moving to middle school next year and so far I've heard nothing about school supplies for him. He gets his class schedule in August, but IDK if a supply list comes with that schedule or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN