Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

took dd to get her hair done for the summer..pics edit

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 403 Replies
27 moms liked this

dd turns 6 on the first and she wanted to get her hair done for the summer since she cant do anything crazy with for the school year.we have tried the hair chalks and all that but her hair is a little dark so it never shows up.so we took her to the hair salon because i didnt want to do and we let her get highlights  sorry idk why they came up sideways

the color is only in the front

here is a better pic

since there are some moms who this its crazy to let her do it and that im teaching her bad things about her body image.i never thought i would let my 6yr old get colored highlights.but !st its just hair not the end of the world.it wont kill her.she is not hurting anyone or herself by having a cute crazy hair style only for the summer.but she has been feeling really low and down about herself because some little punk is about 3yrs older then her (maybe a little older idk how old 4th graders are) told her about 2 weeks ago that she was fat on the bus.and it has really hurt her.even after talking to her and telling her its not true till we were blue in the face.we figured she might need something to help cheer her up( i dont feel its any different then a women doing her hair or putting on make-up to make them self feel better) we had explained to her that she doesn't need to do anything crazy to her hair to make her pretty.that she is the most beautiful little girl in the world to us.but she stilled wanted to do it for the summer.and my husband and i figured if this is a way to help get her out of the place she is at now then it was fine it helps makes her happy makes her feel good about herself.then it was fine with us.and as you can tell by the big bright smile she is a very happy little girl.

well ladies its been fun i cant believe my little post about my dd's hair would be featured.but anyways to address a few things.im not worried my dd is going to get cancer over having her hair done.to see her smile  and love her hair it was worth every penny we spent.just because we let her do her hair doesnt mean we are going to let her get a tattoo or anything else thats just ridiculous.but anyways ladies thank you all for the positive comments.we think she looks fabulous.and i would do it again in a heart beat for any of my kids.i have no problem if she or my sons want to have crazy hairstyles for the summer.infact my 4yr old wants blue spike gel for when we do his hair i will probably go get it tomorrow for him :) then he can match his sister

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this

cute

I wouldn't even say that's too crazy for school. But I guess it depends on your dress code. Our says no unnatural hair color, but I think something like that would be OK. 

Jazzdoll
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

adorable!

When it comes to sax, bigger IS better.

Babymama7710
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

in the elementary school they cant have unnatural color

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

cute

I wouldn't even say that's too crazy for school. But I guess it depends on your dress code. Our says no unnatural hair color, but I think something like that would be OK. 

sillytime
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM
15 moms liked this
Is this permanent? If so I don't like it at all. She's 6 what are you teaching her about her self image?
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Cute.

I wouldn't put permanent die in their hair at such a young age but that is just me.

We got DD hot pink hair that clips in.

Babymama7710
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

we tried all the stuff and none of it really worked the clips would get all nasty after her using them 1 time.so i called the salon (its a children's salon) and talked with the lady that was doing her hair and made her it was not going to do any damage to her hair.and she assured us that it would not do an damage to her hair because its not an all the time thing and her hair is very healthy

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Cute.

I wouldn't put permanent die in their hair at such a young age but that is just me.

We got DD hot pink hair that clips in.

Babymama7710
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
3 moms liked this

yes it is and what do mean teaching her about her self image.she wanted a cute fun hair style for summer so we let her.no big deal its hair im sure there are far worse thing a child can do.but i dont see having a cute hair style for the summer one of them

Quoting sillytime:

Is this permanent? If so I don't like it at all. She's 6 what are you teaching her about her self image?

a06z08mama
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Its cute! And she wanted it. My kids are dirty blondes. And love it when I put "Sun In" in their hair. DS gets buzzed in a couple weeks so his will look more highlighted!

Quoting Babymama7710:

yes it is and what do mean teaching her about her self image.she wanted a cute fun hair style for summer so we let her.no big deal its hair im sure there are far worse thing a child can do.but i dont see having a cute hair style for the summer one of them

Quoting sillytime:

a06z08mama
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its great. Because you are letting her have the fun she can't during the school year. I would probably do the same thing. I did the "red lights" during high school. Absolutely loved it. But now as an adult going into a new job it wouldn't be right. So I stay on the fun but appropriate colors. (Mostly highlights then winter is the fun dark brown/purple lowlights)
Babymama7710
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM

that sounds cute with the brown and purple lowlights

Quoting a06z08mama:

I think its great. Because you are letting her have the fun she can't during the school year. I would probably do the same thing. I did the "red lights" during high school. Absolutely loved it. But now as an adult going into a new job it wouldn't be right. So I stay on the fun but appropriate colors. (Mostly highlights then winter is the fun dark brown/purple lowlights)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)