Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

would you be mad? what would you do?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM
  • 25 Replies
tonight my family went out to dinner. my 7 year old barely ate any dinner so we decided he couldnt have any desert. the waitress came with a check and 5 mints. she handed them to him. i took them from him to pass out to the family with the invention of putting ds in his treat bag at home. when she saw that i took them she came over with 5 more and sat next to him and handed them to him under the table. i was furious! we paid and left. what would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tapies2324
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Yeah. I totally get why you are irked. She was out of line. I would have said somethiing...nicely of course.
ladyluke2007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:45 AM
6 moms liked this

I would told her that I did not appreciate her going behind my back when I was trying to teach my child a lesson.  You don't eat your dinner, you don't get candy.

opinionatedmom
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I would take candy away till after they ate dinner.
liels898
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's enough to get furious over per se but yeah, I would have mentioned to her that it's not exactly professional. 

AJ-47
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Exactly this.

Quoting ladyluke2007:

I would told her that I did not appreciate her going behind my back when I was trying to teach my child a lesson.  You don't eat your dinner, you don't get candy.

chicksdigscars
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:42 AM

I would be freaked out

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM

I would have said ty but he does not need any mints tonight.  I would take them for when he could have one.   We have had people give dd cookies and all sorts of things in the past.  We just say ty and move on.   The intention was positive but not well executed.  As a server , I always deferred to the adults whether a child could have a treat or not.

momofjkkc
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I noticed servers either give to check to dh or put it at the end of the.table in the middle. If it did happen I probably would have said something like "Oh, Thank you.But if he is too full to.finish dinner he must be too full for candy so these are just going to go in the doggy bag for later."
tel4him
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I would have said something, but nicely.  I'm sure the waitress was trying to be nice, but she went about it the wrong way.  I wouldn't be furious, but I would definitely have said something.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

First of all I'd assume she doesn't have kids. She probably thought she was being nice. 

I would have said something to her, but I wouldn't have been furious. She sounds clueless. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN