Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My 6 and 7 year olds have BO!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
I use to make them take showers at least 3 times a week but now it seems they need it everyday! Btw they are boys

How often do u make your kids take baths/showers?
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My kids get a shower every day 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My boys shower daily, and they use deodorant.  If you are smelling them from a foot or so away, then they very well may need deodorant.  At their ages, they should be showering daily, especially in the warmer months.

Steph925
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
We haven't even done anything today besides lay around the house cuz it's been raining and I just smelled my 7 year old then sent him to shower. They have deoderent and I'm gonna make them start using it.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys shower daily, and they use deodorant.  If you are smelling them from a foot or so away, then they very well may need deodorant.  At their ages, they should be showering daily, especially in the warmer months.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

DD gets one every 2 days unless she gets especially dirty on the off day.  We are lucky she does not have body odor yet.  Sometimes this young having it could just be due to the warmer months.   We have never had to make her bathe just tell her it is getting done.

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

We usually do twice a week and my dd swims at least once a week.  Except for her unruly hair between showers/baths, that would be the only reason at this time to have her take a shower every day.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM

This.  My kids are active and it's not even a question.  If you can smell your kids, then they need to take daily showers and use deodorant. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Jamie-82
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Mine shower daily.
jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
My kids shower every other day usually but in the warmer months it can be everyday.
ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

ds takes one every day AND has been wearing deodorant [[un scented]] since he was like 6... moms on here are against it... but if they were to have smelt him they would understand!!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I also say that age should NEVER be attached to hygiene!  My 8 year old is/was the same way and when it's time it's time.  BTW I feel the same way about shaving too. 

Quoting ilovemykids732:

ds takes one every day AND has been wearing deodorant [[un scented]] since he was like 6... moms on here are against it... but if they were to have smelt him they would understand!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)