Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you like your neighbors?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you get along with your neighbors?

Do you tend to keep more to yourself when it comes to neighbors?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
We generally have great neighbors. They're the type that mind their own business but if you need help they're there. My kids are the only kids in the neighborhood.

The one likes to burn trash (and is kinda a horder) but that's about the only thing. Other then that they're good. He has started to burn it at night after the kids are inside, so whatever.

Except for the couple kitty corner- across the street. The one guy is weird but o.k. if that makes since. The other guy IDK he makes my mom-adar go off. I don't want him near my children.
DH (and the one neighbor ) have made it clear that he needs to stay away from my children. He used to wait untill I wasn't looking and come over to talk to my son. Then he used to pull in our driveway and sit with his lights in shining in our windows at 11pm. DH and the neighbor waited with one night and asked him Wth he wad doing every night. He didn't do it again but started doing it to other neighbors. Their dogs are nasty and flea infested. (I'm talking you can see them jumping on the dogs) I have to keep flea meds on my dogs all year now because if their dog wonders into our yard, my dogs gets fleas. The one neighbor who was a lifelong military and seen some crazy stuff, turned green and looked like he was going to loose his cookies after going just inside their door.
My Mom wants me to call adult protective services and animal control but IDK, I should but I haven't.
The kinda normal ones sister lives next to them and owns their home. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be taking care of them. One has no arm and the other one is just not right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
They all tend to keep to themselves. Which isn't a bad thing but, when they see you walking down the sidewalk and turn around bc they don't want to say hi, it's weird!! I saw you! Haha oh well....I do get jealous of people who have really cool neighbors who are actually neighborly.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM

We've known our next door neighbors since before we moved here, so we get along.  :)  The people under us and next to them are pretty quiet and we don't see them too often, but when we do, they're always nice.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

They're ok. The neighbors on one side are weird and we don't really talk to them. The neighbors on the other side are nice, I chat with the mom sometimes but I keep a distance. Their DD is one of those kids who's adorable one minute and a holy terror the next, at least once a week she's in their backyard throwing a tantrum that I can hear from inside my house.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

On both sides of my house there are older retired couples. Both houses have little things that annoy me (like getting out motorcycles at 6am...) but nothing really that I can't live with. They are both very friendly and we talk anytime we see each other outside.

The one behind me is a psychotic b***** and I can't stand being this close to that. They honk each time they drive by the house at all hours (they have a long driveway that runs beside my bedroom), they throw garbage in my yard, steal my kids toys and tons more. They also like to pick fights. She's family too which makes it even worse. My mom lives with me and I just made the final payment on the house so she's going to live here and looking to buy another house closer to the school.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do. In fact my boys are packing up to go camping with them right now.

ajdahd13
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Yes. My neighbor is my landlord. Lol! She's awesome! 

JollyMommy84
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM

We live in a Apartment building,I only know a few people who live in our Building but mainly everyone here keeps to themselves.

Chirinos
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Some of them yes some of them no. One neighbor I have her son came into my apt about 1am and took pictures of me while I was sleeping. I had forgotten to lock the door. He has also came barging into my apt several times and taken things such as last Sat he took my curtains down that he had given me to put them up in someone else apt because he broke her blinds. I try not to associate with him but it's hard when he just barges in. My other neighbors I pretty much get along with. One of them we swap babysitting to give each other a break. Her girls are 7months and 3years my boys are 8 and 10.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

We have mostly elderly neighbors and they are great. The few families around us not so much. We let the kids play supervised with them because they are all aggressive kids. We've actually called the cops on the next door neighbors because the husband was attacking the wife while she was holding their 2 yr old! We really need to get out of this house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)