Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you like your neighbors?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you get along with your neighbors?

Do you tend to keep more to yourself when it comes to neighbors?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM

We have one that has gone crazy.  He has come over and yelled nonsense at hubby, threatened us because he claimed we kidnapped and killed his daughter.  The cops are always being called on him.  The other neighbors are fine.

family in the van   Mom of four

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I know most people in our neighborhood. Most everyone knows everyone. Tons of kids, we have neighborhood bbq's. love it. :)

melisca1
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
There are fields in between me and my neighbors so I'm not that close to them. My husbands grandparents are on one side and a man who recently passed away was on the other. He didnt have any kids or anything and other then coming by a few times to use my phone and to ask for things I didnt see him much.
SaraBethKY
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

We don't really know any of them well but everyone on our street near us has been pretty quiet and we haven't really had anything to complain about. There was a kid who hopped our fence a few weeks ago to get a baseball and then couldn't figure out how to get back over (we keep our gate locked with a padlock and I don't thinke he expected that) and 6 other baseballs so far have been found in our yard, but in the grand scheme of how bad neighbors can be, it really isn't a big deal. 

lacyd75
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I've only met 4 houses worth of neighbors since i've been here. One is a stick in the mud all up in your buisness asshole. The others are pretty nice. We all pretty much keep to ourselves. we speak or visit a minute when we are outside or whatever. I can't say the same for all of their kids necessarily. One in particular.

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Same here. Everyone around here seems to keep to themselves anyways. Me n hubby have become home bodies the last 8 months.

Quoting sahmw2010:

i dont really know my neighbors. we wave hi if we are out at the same time, but thats it. I know if i ever had a problem and needed help, i could always go knock on thier door, but really, we all keep to ourselves

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

We're pretty close to most of our neighbors. Since we rarely go anywhere we're always the ones watching peoples houses.  I have keys for 5 of the neighbors houses as a matter of fact. lol  One of my closest friends lives 2 houses down and 3 of our kids are the same age.  I spend almost every evening in front of her house watching the kids play and yelling at people driving too fast down our street.  I'm pretty lucky with my neighbors, makes me feel safer knowing so many awesome people are always around.

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Lol I am sure mine can here my kids too n sure they hate me by now. My son is so loud and when he gets mad he throws a fit and screams. Him n his sister fight about everything now.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

They're ok. The neighbors on one side are weird and we don't really talk to them. The neighbors on the other side are nice, I chat with the mom sometimes but I keep a distance. Their DD is one of those kids who's adorable one minute and a holy terror the next, at least once a week she's in their backyard throwing a tantrum that I can hear from inside my house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Yes and yes

PrettyLady80253
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM
My neighbor on oneside is a vampire, works third shift it was 3 months after she moved in that I actually saw her will say hi and is friendly when out of an evening. The neighbors on the other side are cool help each other out. Know when my kids misbehave at school before they get home she works for the school. Like em their front door is away from mine so some time you hear them talking on the porch and we pop off into each others conversations or joke around about hearing voices again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)