Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you like your neighbors?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you get along with your neighbors?

Do you tend to keep more to yourself when it comes to neighbors?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
Morrigan333
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM

God no! They're all stuck up elitist who think their children do NO WRONG. Even when I blatantly show it to them that their children have done wrong..the mother said...NOTHING.

We keep to ourselves and I think that's another reason they don't like us..because our business isn't their business. Here..these people know everything about each other just about what time you take a dump. Insane!

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM
The neighbor next to me and next to her (so 3 houses in a row) are 2 of my best friends
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I talk with my neighbors and generally they are ok. But since the one got "married" to this chick he is never home and she lets their dog run wild in our yard all the time and it is starting to piss me off because I hate having to clean up poop before letting the kids out to play.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We get along with most of our neighbors. We talk to them some, but not all of them. Some it is more just saying Hi and things like that

proud_mommy35
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We say hello in passing,have had a few conversations and are respectful and polite,for the most part we get along,but we tend to keep more to ourselves 

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Our neighbor on our left is our landlord and she's great.  She's around 80 and an amazing lady.  I chit chat with her periodically and she's a sweetheart.

The neighbors on the right I wouldn't even be able to identify if I saw them on the street or at the grocery store.  We've lived here over 3 years and they've never approached us at all.  They are rarely outside when we are and they are older and so they don't have kids to play with my son or anything.  We don't have any issues with them.  We just don't know them.

We don't have anyone in front or behind us since we have a high school football stadium in front of us and woods and a pond behind us.

SueMNanaMama
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Not really.  Some are rude or standoffish.  The new guy next door bought it so he can throw drunken pool parties.  With Russian pop music.  The renters across the street also throw drunken pool parties (there seem to be at least three, if not four, families living across the street, and they don't speak much English but that's ok, cause I speak enough Spanish).  The cops have been called on both drunken pool party homes.  Also, all our fence neighbors have big barking dogs.  I have a little poodle that doesn't yap, only barks when there is something to bark at, and I bring him in if he's going nutz on the squirrels.  I wish some nice people would move in, especially someone with a boy for mine to play with.  I inherited the house when my mom died, and most of the neighbors are either really old or really young with babies.  Most families can't afford to buy here (and neither could we, if not for my mom...)!

RADmomma
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I like my year round neighbor but the summer neighbors I can do without. They are wicked rude!!
calsmom62
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Ahhh, the family compound. Being the very youngest in an almost extinct family has its upside......no close relatives abutting.....

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nope, my neighbors are absolutey INSANE!  They walk into my house without knocking.  They help themselves to anything that I have laying around without asking.  They let their kids and grandkids run all over my property and use my kids toys without permission.  They park cars in my driveway when they have a party.  I'm sure that they'd be in my pool if I didn't keep the gate to it locked. It really sucks living on family farm land.

calsmom62
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM
We have several neighbors we are friendly with and there are lots of kids my kids can play pr hang out with. The neighbors on one side are childless, and tend to think all the problems in the world can be solved by calling thee police. mainly they hang over our fence staring at us...and if you say hi or would you like to take a picture, they turn away. One time the wife emailed the old owners of their house who are our good friend, saying she wanted to call the police because she thought the boys were loud in the yard and were having parties. Our friends called us, I went over and politely but firmly told her that if she has a problem with our kids call me, knock on the door or look over the fence you are constantly hanging over, and tell me. And by the way, 8 and 11 yr old boys don't have wild teen parties. I told her that her pleas of we just want to be good neighbors didn't mean squat if you can't wave hello. Tell us the kids are bothering you, or if you call the FD everytime we use our firepit. I made her cry and she kept offering to make my dh and I curry. I said no thanks ...so a month later after her saying ohhhhh we want to be good neighbors and have block parties, on Halloween they came home from work, turned out the lights and hid...Halloween is a night all the neighbors hang out in the yards, even if they don't have kids. Now the neighborhood hopes they leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)