Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you like your neighbors?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you get along with your neighbors?

Do you tend to keep more to yourself when it comes to neighbors?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
kristine8333
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM
We keep to ourselves. Were having some drama w/ them but getting along now.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I'm sorta jealous!  Everyone always thinks that it is great to have family as neighbors, and it does have some advantages, but it also comes with a lot of disadvantages too.

I think that my brother is the smart one, he lives 2,000 miles away and only gets back home for a visit every few years.

Quoting calsmom62:

Ahhh, the family compound. Being the very youngest in an almost extinct family has its upside......no close relatives abutting.....

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nope, my neighbors are absolutey INSANE!  They walk into my house without knocking.  They help themselves to anything that I have laying around without asking.  They let their kids and grandkids run all over my property and use my kids toys without permission.  They park cars in my driveway when they have a party.  I'm sure that they'd be in my pool if I didn't keep the gate to it locked. It really sucks living on family farm land.

calsmom62
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. We had, growing up, everybody seemingly in arms reach, even vacation land was in the same tract. You can never escape lol.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm sorta jealous!  Everyone always thinks that it is great to have family as neighbors, and it does have some advantages, but it also comes with a lot of disadvantages too.

I think that my brother is the smart one, he lives 2,000 miles away and only gets back home for a visit every few years.

Quoting calsmom62:

Ahhh, the family compound. Being the very youngest in an almost extinct family has its upside......no close relatives abutting.....

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nope, my neighbors are absolutey INSANE!  They walk into my house without knocking.  They help themselves to anything that I have laying around without asking.  They let their kids and grandkids run all over my property and use my kids toys without permission.  They park cars in my driveway when they have a party.  I'm sure that they'd be in my pool if I didn't keep the gate to it locked. It really sucks living on family farm land.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I have had the same neighbors since 1986, so yes we get a long (the 2 right next to me) the ones across the street have been here 8 yrs or so and we are fine.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

We get along with our neighbors. I am pretty outgoing, but don't often have a chance to chat with many of them. There are 5 other moms at the bus stop during the school year, so I talk to them every day, except in the summer when I only really see them if we schedule getting together. Others I just say hi to. I talk often to my neighbor across the street because we're often out at the same time or get the mail at the same time.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

we tend to keep to ourselves lately. I know a few of the neighbors enough to say hello and keep a short conversation going. One just came over to say he'd be gone for awhile and wanted us to keep an eye out for vehicles that are over there (other than his son)

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM

We know our neighbors pretty well.  We get along and everyone looks out for everyone else.  I feel lucky to have them all.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM

We know all of our neighbors. We like all of them well enough. We would like our next door neighbors to clean up their hoard of a carport. But our neat freak across the street neighbors probably think we are just as bad. LOL

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I will say I wish there were more families with young kids nearby. No one here had kids close enough in age for ours to play with. 

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I keep to myself for the most part, but I get along nicely with the neighbor two doors down, ds and her dd love to play together, ds is almost 6(in 3 weeks) and her dd is 4.  They have their tiffs, but in the end they have a good time together.  I do not drive nor do I expect people to drive me places, but my neighbor offers to take me places if she has time, like tonight she drove me over to Del Taco, because it was super hot and I didn't feel like cooking.   And last week she took both my kids to see Monsters University, because her dd wanted them to come along, she has taken them to the park and to skytown, so It is really nice to have a neighbor we can get along with.  We have been neighbors for over 3 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN