Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

The dreaded laundry mountain

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 78 Replies

drowning in laundry        doing laundry        ironing

Let's talk laundry!

Do you do all of the laundry in your house or does everyone do their own?

Do you do a load or two per day, a few loads a couple of days a week, or do a day long laundry marathon?

How does getting the laundry mountain tamed happen in your house?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I do laundry every monday. And every few weeks end up doing laundry for linens. On whatever day i can get it done.
Im sure this summer when my house goes from 4 to 8people my plans of laundry on only one day will vanish.
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I just do it when it needs to be done. Usually It's every other day.
It's kinda funny because it won't be enough to do laundry everyday but every other day It's like 3 loads. LOL.

I don't mind doing laundry but I hate folding it. It sits in a big pile in my room untill I can't see the basket and then I finally fold it. When we add on I told DH I want a counter in the laundry room or kitchen (depending on how we add on) so I can fold it as it comes out of the dryer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM

We are a house of 3 so laundry gets done ever 2-3 days.  When we dont go anywhere we do not get out of PJS, that saves on loads as well as reusing bath towels.  We are very energy conscious.

momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I do laundry everyday. Sometimes I have.alot going on and I miss a few days and end up doing a marathon. Im the only one that does laundry.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My husband does it all. I am not allowed to touch it. A few summers ago I thought I was helping and washed and dried an entire load of crayons. It was not pretty. I have been forbidden within 20 feet of the machines. Lol

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Do you do all of the laundry in your house or does everyone do their own? My husband does his own. I usually do the rest, but my older two like to do laundry and know how- in the summer they are more likely to do their own. During the school year I prefer they don't as there are already too few hours in the afternoon to get done what absolutely needs done and I am a SAHM with kids in school during the day and have time then.

Do you do a load or two per day, a few loads a couple of days a week, or do a day long laundry marathon? A couple loads a day each week day- I try to take weekends off.

How does getting the laundry mountain tamed happen in your house? Instead of doing everyone's whites and then everyone's darks I wash each person's clothes individually (with their darks and whites together)- that way the load comes out and there's no sorting out whose it is. Just fold, put away, done! I don't know anyone else who does this, but it's the only way I can feel organized with my laundry. lol

PinkCamoTeamMud
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I wash whenever a basket is full.
happymama2D
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I do all the laundry. I find that doing it every other day works out best. It keeps the loads smaller and more manageable. I wash my sheets once a week. (I wash and fold them right away so I always have a fresh set available if needed).
twinplus2
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

At least two loads per day. One load when we get home from work and another load right before we wake up on the morning (we have the washer on timer delay to start around 5am so we can put it in the dryer when we wake up.) On weekends, we catch up on the linens, bedding, and other misc. stuff. Laundry is a bit more time consuming in the summer since the kids each swim at least 2 times a day at daycamp and most of the clothes need stain treatment.

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM

We are a family of 5 with one is cloth diapers.  I have to keep up with the laundry daily.  Otherwise I would be screwed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)