Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Plans for the 4th of July?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
Anything exciting going on for you?!
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

It's my Mom's birthday so the whole family gathers together (her six kids, SF's 2 kids, and all spouses and grandkids!)  The guys and older grandsons go golfing while the girls and rest of the grandkids do fun kids stuff like the zoo, Chuck E Cheese, or maybe the children's museum because they are open this year.  Then we all meet back up at the house for snacks and dinner.  The older kids usually do a few firecrackers in the driveway before everyone leaves.  The town's big fireworks show is all the way across the city so we miss out on that (used to be half a mile away!).

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am not sure about the 4th, but my friend is having a party on the 3rd because that is when her town has their fireworks.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Sounds like a great time!!

Quoting huskermom98:

It's my Mom's birthday so the whole family gathers together (her six kids, SF's 2 kids, and all spouses and grandkids!)  The guys and older grandsons go golfing while the girls and rest of the grandkids do fun kids stuff like the zoo, Chuck E Cheese, or maybe the children's museum because they are open this year.  Then we all meet back up at the house for snacks and dinner.  The older kids usually do a few firecrackers in the driveway before everyone leaves.  The town's big fireworks show is all the way across the city so we miss out on that (used to be half a mile away!).

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I will be camping with family and friends.  We are planning a picnic at our campsites, and friends/family who aren't camping will stop by for the picnic and fire after dark.

Professional fireworks displays are a dime dozen in the Pittsburgh area, so we really don't get upset about not seeing a display for the 4th of July.

jaytee
by Jen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We will be camping with some friends in Outer Banks!! If a fireworks display is happening we will go see it.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM
My two older children are away at camp, but I will be hosting the big bonanza this year. There will be seventeen of us and a bunch of food. Eating, swimming and having a great time.
soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

We usually have a big party at our house since we live across the street from where the city shoot the fireworks so we have a big potluck bbq and talk and then watch the fireworks.

family in the van   Mom of four

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I have no idea. It's the first time since we've been married that DH isn't working, and my BIL is coming up, so we'll be doing something!

cpmommy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
We live on a military post in Germany. They are doing a celebration (rides, food, games and fireworks) on the 3rd. Then we're leaving in the 4th to go to Paris for the weekend!
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Our county wont be shooting them until friday night....Im kinda glad tho because dh has to get up for work friday at 5:00 am...Every year dd and I make red, white, and blue jello pops, firework cake, snowcones, dip strawberries in icing then in blue sprinkles....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)