Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

OT: Are you under a burn ban?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 33 Replies

Here in Dallas, we are under water restrictions and a burn ban. All fireworks for the 4th of July have been banned in the city limits (at least in my area) and only professional shows are allowed.

Do you usually pop fireworks for 4th of July? Are you also under water restrictions or a burn ban? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Yes we are. Our state just suffered a horrible tragedy due to a wildfire so I dare anyone to light anything at this point.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No

AJ-47
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
We were last year, and we didn't even have a fire this large burning. So if we're not, I am extremely confused as to why we don't have a ban in place! I haven't heard anything yet..
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Oh no. Are you talking about the firefighters? 

That is such an unspeakable tragedy. 

Quoting mjande4:

Yes we are. Our state just suffered a horrible tragedy due to a wildfire so I dare anyone to light anything at this point.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Yes. It's just devastating. The fire is completely consuming the area and countless homes and those poor men lost their lives trying to stop it. 

Quoting Reina13:

Oh no. Are you talking about the firefighters? 

That is such an unspeakable tragedy. 

Quoting mjande4:

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

nope.

pixiemg1
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

No, it has been raining here in MI non stop.  We haven't had to water our garden or our plants in a couple of weeks.  We shouldn't have any problems shooting off fireworks on Thursday.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Oh that is nice. It is so dry here. My grass is dying because we are limited on when we can water.

Quoting pixiemg1:

No, it has been raining here in MI non stop.  We haven't had to water our garden or our plants in a couple of weeks.  We shouldn't have any problems shooting off fireworks on Thursday.

little.worthen
by Tess on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM
We have water restrictions but that's it. Last year there were a lot of fires..

I miss Michigan sometimes
pixiemg1
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

We were like that last year.  The only reason our lawn didn't burn up is because we are able to run the spinklers due to our outside water comes from our lake.  Everyone around us had burnt grass.  Hopefully it will get better for you guys.

Quoting Reina13:

Oh that is nice. It is so dry here. My grass is dying because we are limited on when we can water.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)