Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Well We Officially Received *PICS*

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Our daughters Class Roster for the 2013-2014 School Year. It was weird seeing her name printed like it was confirmation that she will be an official Elementary School Kindergartener. 

She is so excited and has asked me to go school shopping already however we have tax free weekend starting August 2-4 so we will be doing our school supply shopping then. 

She has "desk day" for elementary school and "locker day" for middle and high on August 9th. We turn in all her supplies and officially meet her teacher (we met all 4 kindergarten teachers during her kindergarten day back in April). But she will get to meet her classmates, teacher, see her desk, cubby and hook. Then she will start her first official day August 14th (which is soooo early!)

On a side note we have almost completed her Kindergarten Summer Reading List which had 36 books total we have 10 left after our trip to the library this morning.

Here are a few pics of her:

Kindergarten Round Up Day 

Making herself comfortable in her classroom at Kindergarten roundup (we had no idea this would be her classroom at the time!) 

1st day of Prek

Last Day of Prek

At her new school library (open in the summers on Thursdays 10-2) 

How are your kids doing on their summer reading lists? Has your school sent out your child's class list/supply list? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

How exciting!

My middle schooler got his schedule, and homeroom assignment a week or so ago.  My elementary schooler won't get his schedule until the first day of school, but will get his homeroom assignment in early Aug.  School starts here Aug 26.

momofjkkc
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Aww she's so cute.
They have a reading tracker on their computer for their summer program. Their doing pretty good.
I got my nephews school list with his last report card. I got ds of the school website.
HoosierMom2JB
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My kids school (private) only has one homeroom class per grade so they know who their teachers are for next year, we got their supply lists a few weeks ago.

corrinacs
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That's awesome :) :).  I know she's going to LOOVE it!

And don't worry about tax free days.  You only save 5%....and the crowds are AWEFUL.  Not worth the 5% IMO.  I know WalMart didn't slash any prices for that weekend particlarly several years ago when I worked there.  And the mess when the nights were over were awful!!!  I don't work there anymore, needless to say.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Taxes here are 9.75% plus most places have tax free sales so it can save a ton of money if you plan it right.
I agree about the crowds though, I've worked Walmart on tax free days and it's not worth it to go there.
A lot of the major online stores are also tax free during the tax free weekend so it's worth it to check online to get the savings and avoid the crowds.

Quoting corrinacs:

That's awesome :) :).  I know she's going to LOOVE it!

And don't worry about tax free days.  You only save 5%....and the crowds are AWEFUL.  Not worth the 5% IMO.  I know WalMart didn't slash any prices for that weekend particlarly several years ago when I worked there.  And the mess when the nights were over were awful!!!  I don't work there anymore, needless to say.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

We got he teacher information and the supply list on the last day of school along with the report cards.

School starts on Aug 8th. I'm glad school is staring back because I need a break but at the same time I'm already dreading it because I know there is going to be a girl that picks at my son constantly in the same class this year and the principal refuses to separate them until there is a problem so I expect a lot of calls from the school. He had a bad year last year and constantly fought going to school and it doesn't look like this one will be much better.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM
We had our assignment gir our old school, but due to moving we font for new school. We register there the 24th, and school starts august 1st
mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
That's exciting!!! Middle school so far away from me right now!

Quoting steelcrazy:

How exciting!

My middle schooler got his schedule, and homeroom assignment a week or so ago.  My elementary schooler won't get his schedule until the first day of school, but will get his homeroom assignment in early Aug.  School starts here Aug 26.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Ours was on the website also. That's exciting.

Quoting momofjkkc:

Aww she's so cute.

They have a reading tracker on their computer for their summer program. Their doing pretty good.

I got my nephews school list with his last report card. I got ds of the school website.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
My daughter is going to private as well she has ONE teacher for the main subjects she does have a separate Spanish, music, art, library and pe teacher.

Quoting HoosierMom2JB:

My kids school (private) only has one homeroom class per grade so they know who their teachers are for next year, we got their supply lists a few weeks ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)