Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Chickenpox Vacs....is this true??

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM
  • 23 Replies

My neighbour just told me that the Chicken Pox Vaccine only works till age 2...did anyone else hear this?

PLEASE dont go into debats about it....just wondering if that is true or not!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

According to the CDC website, the vaccine has only been 100% proven for 2 years, however, "many clinical trials showed that a child with 2 doses was protected up to 10 years and the risk did not decrease over time."  Here is the link.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Hmm no clue since I think dd got the vax for chicken pox after age 2.  I am not sure though, I would have to look it up.

t1gger143
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I've never heard this. My cousin has had the vaccine and 2 mild cases of the chicken pix since. I don't have immunity to it. I've had them twice and the measles three times. You'd think we were blood, but he's adopted. The point is that vaccine is only supposed to prevent the most deadliest/ dangerous forms. You can still get mild cases. Oh and another note. Both my boys got the measles days after getting their vaccine, which I then got after my oldest.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I have no idea. My son got the chicken pox before getting the booster shot. It was mild though.
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I never heard that. I know my son had to get a second dose of it, apparently they do 2 now? He had one at around a year old, one at like 4 before he went into kindergarten

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:35 PM

No clue.  I know that they now have a booster in addition to the initial vax at 12 months.

Neither of my boys have had chicken pox, I had it back in 1970-something and got it from my cousin who got it from his cousins on the other side of the family. We all had it at the same time, I couldn't imagine going though that with my kids.

IloveNCIS
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My son didn't get the chicken pox vaccination so I have no clue. He has been exposed to the chicken pox 3 times so far and has of yet to get them.

momofjkkc
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Its 10 years? I heard 12.

Quoting anotherandree:

According to the CDC website, the vaccine has only been 100% proven for 2 years, however, "many clinical trials showed that a child with 2 doses was protected up to 10 years and the risk did not decrease over time."  Here is the link.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I have no idea.

trowbert
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM

It's not an effective vaccine, and that's ok because chicken pox isn't that bad for most people.

What's not so cool is that the chicken pox vaccine is causing painful cases of shingles in young people, and when it's not causing shingles, it is delivering a whammy of neurotoxins. This vaccine has been proven ineffective, however it does come with a basket full of potential harms. Ask your Dr. about it, but remember that vaccines are their bread and butter and do your own research too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)