Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you feel your child/children are too small for their age??

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 55 Replies

I do...My dd is 9 and just now wears a 6x in clothes

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My oldest is small, he is 7 and only 45lbs and 49" ( he was 42lbs before 2 rounds of steroids for poison ivy and allergic reaction). We have to buy adjustable waist clothing and it is still to large

I think.my 5yo is average, he's 45" and 37lbs
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Thank god for adjustable waist bands dd weighs 48 lbs and is 48 inches

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Lol I know! But the hips/crotch and legs are still so big on him, even skinny jeans

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Thank god for adjustable waist bands dd weighs 48 lbs and is 48 inches

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

WOW my girl isnt that petite but she is 7 and wears size 6/7 for shorts.  Size 8 or 10 for dresses due to her height.  There needs to be more children specialized alteration shops so we can get them clothes to fit properly. At least for girls though we can put them in dresses when their height does not match their weight.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
DD will be 5 this month. Just hit 40lbs and 41 inches. 2nd shortest in her kindergarten class last yr. She wears a 4t some.5's.

Not school aged but my.17 month old is 27inches and 18lbs average size of a 6/7 month old. She is 9months behind in her growth. She wears 6months clothes and some 9-12 but brand depending.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I have a 10 yr old that still rides in a booster. 

The girl is a pain to shop for. She has long legs, no butt, no hips...... 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My 13yo was able to wear the same shirts from kindergarten until last summer. LOL He gets taller, but he's all legs- his torso never seems to grow! He's still small overall, though. He is only 4'8" and just over 70 lbs. From age 10-11 he lost weight and the doc wanted to keep an eye on it. Last year at 12 he had lost even more and was lighter than he'd been at 10-- he'd just had an appendectomy and that affected his weight for a few months. His ped put him on a higher calorie diet. He just burns calories too fast to keep weight on and too fast to grow. My hubby was/is the same way. Anyway, he gained a bit of weight over this past year. Hopefully it's enough to satisfy the ped at his weight check appointment next month.

My hubby had his teenage growth spurt and it put him over 5 ft... eventually he got to about 5'6" and stayed there until his senior year of high school- when he shot up to 6 feet! My son has some hope!

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM

My twins are always one of the smallest ones in the class or on the team but they don't let it bother them.  I was afraid of them getting picked on but they are more like celebrities.  Everyone seems to know them.   They are 7 and weigh 42 pounds.  It took forever to get past 40 pounds. 

melaniecerise
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:54 PM

My 6 year old son is very skinny but tall. So we have to buy adjustable waist band pants in size 7 for length, but cinch it to a size 3/4 waist. He wears a size 7/8 shirt because of his long torso

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM

NO!!!!!! Mine are skinny, but giants. Lol at least if a child is shorter, they have the option if they are skinny to wear smaller closes. I have to buy at least 12's for length for my 8 and 9 yo's. they can't weat sweatpant type materials, like yoga pants. No pants at all unless they have an adjustable waist. And, the waist is so cinched to keep them up, it looks stupid. Lol dd can still wear size 4 in shorts and skirts.

Being shorter and thin would be so much easier. Lol now, if my kids were tall and heavy, it would be easier, since dresses and shirts are huge around on dd. :p of course, if they were short and heavy, that could be difficult as well. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN