Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How many pairs of school shoes does a girl need?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 43 Replies

Mobile Photo

To match most outfits? Just one nice one and one tennis shoes for gym? Enough so her feet don't get so used to only one pair (I hear that's bad). What do you think?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have dd get 3.  One sneaker, one nice and one boots for rain/snow.  If she still fits in her last year shoes she just wears them until they dont fit anymore.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
She has rain boots, sneakers, and dress shoes for when she wants to wear her dress and tights
Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Dd has a pair from last year that she is still wearing. They even look good. I'm hoping shell outgrow them and her sandals and be ready for new, pretty school shoes on August 1st when school starts. Lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have dd get 3.  One sneaker, one nice and one boots for rain/snow.  If she still fits in her last year shoes she just wears them until they dont fit anymore.

anonym00se
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I usually buy DD two pairs of shoes. Then she has wintr boots, dress shoes, sandals and rain boots. She has a lot fo shoes. Lol.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

That happened to us last year, a month in and she outgrew the sneakers we bought over the summer.  2 pairs of sneakers may be helpful in case one pair gets dirty/wet and need to be washed, she will have the other pair to wear.

Quoting Impressionists:

Dd has a pair from last year that she is still wearing. They even look good. I'm hoping shell outgrow them and her sandals and be ready for new, pretty school shoes on August 1st when school starts. Lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Currently, she has three pairs of sandals that she wears. She has casual Mary Janes that I'm hoping shell outgrow soon, and she has a pair of real tennis shoes. She won't wear her tennis shoes because she hasn't learned to tie yet. It's hard to find Velcro tennis shoes for a size 12 foot...

Quoting frndlyfn:

That happened to us last year, a month in and she outgrew the sneakers we bought over the summer.  2 pairs of sneakers may be helpful in case one pair gets dirty/wet and need to be washed, she will have the other pair to wear.

Quoting Impressionists:

Quoting frndlyfn:

allornone
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Boots, dress shoes, tennis shoes, some cute flats for her legging out fits. About 7 pairs. They both have shoes from last year. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I always double knot dd's shoes before school and then adults help her with the laces if they come undone.  

These are from payless and come in youth size 12

Girls SmartfitGirls' Flare Track

Girls SmartfitGirls' Hustle Runner

I am sure other stores will have better versions. Of athletic shoes that have velcro at top instead of tie laces.

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thanks!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I always double knot dd's shoes before school and then adults help her with the laces if they come undone.  

These are from payless and come in youth size 12

Girls SmartfitGirls' Flare Track

Girls SmartfitGirls' Hustle Runner

I am sure other stores will have better versions. Of athletic shoes that have velcro at top instead of tie laces.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Alot. Lol none are specifically for school only. I probably should. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN