Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kindergarten Supply List

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 38 Replies

2013-2014

• Backpack (no wheels)
  • 1 pk #2 yellow pencils
  • 1 pk primary washable markers
  • 1 pair Fiskars brand scissors (labeled with name)
  • 10 glue sticks
  • 1 pk pink block erasers
  • 1 pk pencil top erasers
  • 1 - 4oz Elmer's glue
  • 1 pk black dry erase markers
  • 2 containers of Clorox wipes
  • 1 box of Klennex
  • 2 rolls of paper towels
  • 1 bottle of hand soap
  • 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
  • 1 pk of large paper plates
  • 1 pk of small paper plates
  • Girls - Bandaids
  • Boys - Zip Lock bags (all sizes)

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha that would be the day my kids school would dictate what kind of school bag they could have. Mine would still have wheels on it.

We don't have to buy anything here for school till high school. The schools here supply it all. Lol
JAMom07
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I have never heard of a school providing everything. That is awesome.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Haha that would be the day my kids school would dictate what kind of school bag they could have. Mine would still have wheels on it.

We don't have to buy anything here for school till high school. The schools here supply it all. Lol

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Ya they all.do in my city. Same as when I was a kid. Lol

Quoting JAMom07:

I have never heard of a school providing everything. That is awesome.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Mocking.Jay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL a backpack with no wheels? Weird.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM
This is the kindergarten list for here, it's not too bad. 

1 package  #2 pencils
3 packages 24ct Crayola Crayons
8 small Elmer's Glue Sticks
1 box Kleenex or Puff tissues
1bottle hand sanitizer
1 package of Crayola Markers
1 Crayola Watercolors
1 pkg Expo Markers (black)
1 pkg Pencil Top Erasers
1 Boys Only - Baby Wipes
1 Boys Only - Band Aids
1 Boys Only - Hefty Jumbo Slider Bags or Slider Lock Gallon Freezer Bags
1 Girls Only- Slider-Lock Freezer Bags (quart size)
1 Girls Only- Clorox Wipes
1 Girls Only- pkg Sharpies (black)
$20 Memory Book Fee
Nap Mat

They don't allow backpacks with wheels here either. There's no room to hang them in the lower grades and they don't fit in the lockers for the higher grades (it's a prek-8 school)
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this

A LOT of schools have this rule, because those things are safety hazards.  They are really not that different then the wheelie shoes that are banned as well.  Let your child roll their backpack at will through your own house, but at school it needs to be utilitzed as a BACK pack for the safety of everyone else.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

PoehlerBear1983
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM
The school provides everything but a backpack here. We cant have one with wheels either they dont fit into the little lockers and kids trip other kids with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Yep, that's the biggie.  They are so unsafe. 

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

The school provides everything but a backpack here. We cant have one with wheels either they dont fit into the little lockers and kids trip other kids with them

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I dont care what a schools reason would be, its not an issue here at all though, I was just saying that a school would not dictate what I buy my kids, if they want to pay for it sure but when its my money I buy them what I please.

My dd is 4 and just finished her first year on kindergarten, there was no way she would have gotten up to the bus stop and climbed up at the bus stairs with a backpack on her back, wheels were a heaven sent for us. If the school band them I would tell the school to shove it up their ass, my kid would still use one.

And my dd is 11 and wears her shoes with wheels every day to school, those are not an issue here either. lol

P.S my dd was 28lbs when she started kindergarten with all her stuff and her kunch in her bag it weight 39lbs, without wheels she could not carry it.

Quoting mjande4:

A LOT of schools have this rule, because those things are safety hazards.  They are really not that different then the wheelie shoes that are banned as well.  Let your child roll their backpack at will through your own house, but at school it needs to be utilitzed as a BACK pack for the safety of everyone else.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Your dainty little daughter is probably careful and considerate of those around her.  Most kids have spacial issues and don't consider the ramifications of rolling it into someone.  They are highly discouraged in all the schools I'm associated with, but regardless in the words of my daughter "it would be social suicide to carry a backpack with wheels".  LOL I do, however, understand if your school doesn't provide a set of textbooks at home why this might be an issue.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

I dont care what a schools reason would be, its not an issue here at all though, I was just saying that a school would not dictate what I buy my kids, if they want to pay for it sure but when its my money I buy them what I please.

My dd is 4 and just finished her first year on kindergarten, there was no way she would have gotten up to the bus stop and climbed up at the bus stairs with a backpack on her back, wheels were a heaven sent for us. If the school band them I would tell the school to shove it up their ass, my kid would still use one.

And my dd is 11 and wears her shoes with wheels every day to school, those are not an issue here either. lol

P.S my dd was 28lbs when she started kindergarten with all her stuff and her kunch in her bag it weight 39lbs, without wheels she could not carry it.

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)