Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best/Worst

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 35 Replies

What is the best thing about your child's school?

What is the worst thing about your child's school?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SP_Mama
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Best thing was the teachers they got the 2 years there.  Worst was it had the lowest scores in the school district.

We got a transfer to a better school next year so we'll have to see how that goes.

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Best: Good rankings.

Worst: I can't think of anything.

Quoting steelcrazy:

What is the best thing about your child's school?

What is the worst thing about your child's school?

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Best: School district overall, superintendent, principal, staff, and teachers (most) are all dedicated to excellence!

Worst: Parking situation!

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM

This...

Quoting SahmTam:

Best: School district overall, superintendent, principal, staff, and teachers (most) are all dedicated to excellence!

Worst: Parking situation!

2Busy4Choas
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Best: Caring Teachers

Worst: Dont really know of anything that bad

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Best thing is the quality of the curriculum. Our district is one of the top districts in the county we live in.  The worst is the fact that the staff at my daughter's school seem to have a stick perminently insterted in their backsides. The office staff never smile, and if you show up even 5 mins early to pick your kid from school hear, they yell at you for being on school grounds during school hours.  Another thing I hate is when you attend a play at that school, and the kids get a little noisy because they are cheering or laughing at something on stage, the principal get her panties in a wad and starts screaming at everyone to be quiet.  Several parents I spoke to stated they feel like they are walking into the county jail rather than an elementary school.

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Best: the language immersion program, the faculty and parental commitment and support of the program.

Worst: the impact of the growth and popularity of the program on the school, especially in its physical structure. It's an urgent problem that the district is rather slow in addressing.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Best. It's well ranked, excellent teachers and principals. It's small. Average class size is 15 while other schools in our area average about 25.

Worst: Parking and lack of diversity

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Best: that it allows me to choose the curriculum and classes my kids take.

Worst: having to report in monthly. I wish we could homeschool totally independently but DH wants the grades recorded so it is a fair compromise.
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Best~ they have a great team for my nephews adhd
Worst~ the pta sucks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)