Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your state have a tax free weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your state have a tax free weekend for back to school shopping?

Do you do any shopping during that weekend? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

GA? Well crap! Thats where we are now

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes..it is AFTER school starts...smh.. 

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

Some moron in the GA gov't. LOL ... I was baffled when I saw that the other day online. They aren't even advertising it. I just happened to think about it when I was in FL a week ago and decided to do some googling. It took a few minutes, but I found it on some obscure site. My girls go back on August 5th and the TF weekend is the 9-10th...idiocy at its best. Right? 

Where in GA are you? We are in Henry County, about 15 minutes south of ATL ( w/o traffic). 

Here is a link: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

idlehands
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Probably not. I live in Arizona now and have only been here for a couple of years, so I guess it's possible we do and I've never heard about it. But I kind of doubt that's the case.

Sure would be awesome if we did though. Especially with my daughter's school switching to a new uniform place that's twice the price of the old one.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM
At benning. But technically im not in GA im across the river in AL. I just go to GA for everything. Lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

GA? Well crap! Thats where we are now

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes..it is AFTER school starts...smh.. 

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

Some moron in the GA gov't. LOL ... I was baffled when I saw that the other day online. They aren't even advertising it. I just happened to think about it when I was in FL a week ago and decided to do some googling. It took a few minutes, but I found it on some obscure site. My girls go back on August 5th and the TF weekend is the 9-10th...idiocy at its best. Right? 

Where in GA are you? We are in Henry County, about 15 minutes south of ATL ( w/o traffic). 

Here is a link: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Nope.

family in the van   Mom of four

minimo77
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

In Canada we dont pay taxes on kids clothes or school supplies, though they are more $$ to start with.

aj23
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes, its the first weekend of August. I will probably buy school supplies before then just to avoid the crowds and it'll only be around $2  in taxes I'd save if I wait.
I had planned on buying a lot of clothes that weekend but I went to Goodwill on a whim when I was out of town last weekend and found a ton of brand new clothes with tags still on them so there's not a need for clothes shopping anymore.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yes. This year the Maryland tax free week will be August 11th - August 17th.  Yes I do some shopping during that week.

aj23
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Its  August 9-11th in Texas. Most of the stores are tax free online too. I hate the crowds too but last year I kept getting all kinds of emails for various websites with sales and saying they were tax free the same weekend. I did almost all of my clothes shopping online and it was all tax free and free shipping. It was nice :)

Quoting Nmaldonado1229:

Here in TX we so. The exact day varies per county I believe. It is usually the weekend or two before school. I usually don't shop then because it is crazy! Lol usually do layaway to avoid all the chaos

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Yes I live in FL
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

we have several, for school supplies and for hurricane supplies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN