Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your state have a tax free weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your state have a tax free weekend for back to school shopping?

Do you do any shopping during that weekend? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

GA? Well crap! Thats where we are now

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes..it is AFTER school starts...smh.. 

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

Some moron in the GA gov't. LOL ... I was baffled when I saw that the other day online. They aren't even advertising it. I just happened to think about it when I was in FL a week ago and decided to do some googling. It took a few minutes, but I found it on some obscure site. My girls go back on August 5th and the TF weekend is the 9-10th...idiocy at its best. Right? 

Where in GA are you? We are in Henry County, about 15 minutes south of ATL ( w/o traffic). 

Here is a link: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

idlehands
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Probably not. I live in Arizona now and have only been here for a couple of years, so I guess it's possible we do and I've never heard about it. But I kind of doubt that's the case.

Sure would be awesome if we did though. Especially with my daughter's school switching to a new uniform place that's twice the price of the old one.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM
At benning. But technically im not in GA im across the river in AL. I just go to GA for everything. Lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

GA? Well crap! Thats where we are now

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes..it is AFTER school starts...smh.. 

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

Some moron in the GA gov't. LOL ... I was baffled when I saw that the other day online. They aren't even advertising it. I just happened to think about it when I was in FL a week ago and decided to do some googling. It took a few minutes, but I found it on some obscure site. My girls go back on August 5th and the TF weekend is the 9-10th...idiocy at its best. Right? 

Where in GA are you? We are in Henry County, about 15 minutes south of ATL ( w/o traffic). 

Here is a link: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Nope.

family in the van   Mom of four

minimo77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

In Canada we dont pay taxes on kids clothes or school supplies, though they are more $$ to start with.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes, its the first weekend of August. I will probably buy school supplies before then just to avoid the crowds and it'll only be around $2  in taxes I'd save if I wait.
I had planned on buying a lot of clothes that weekend but I went to Goodwill on a whim when I was out of town last weekend and found a ton of brand new clothes with tags still on them so there's not a need for clothes shopping anymore.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yes. This year the Maryland tax free week will be August 11th - August 17th.  Yes I do some shopping during that week.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Its  August 9-11th in Texas. Most of the stores are tax free online too. I hate the crowds too but last year I kept getting all kinds of emails for various websites with sales and saying they were tax free the same weekend. I did almost all of my clothes shopping online and it was all tax free and free shipping. It was nice :)

Quoting Nmaldonado1229:

Here in TX we so. The exact day varies per county I believe. It is usually the weekend or two before school. I usually don't shop then because it is crazy! Lol usually do layaway to avoid all the chaos

nomadbrat83
So sleepy and not in the mood to work. Thank God it's Friday.
Yesterday at 11:51 AM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Yes I live in FL
mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

we have several, for school supplies and for hurricane supplies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)