Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What is your morning routine?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'm feeling a little disorganized and want to get my family routine in place before school starts back. I have a pre-k and a first grader who attend daycare before and after school. We leave at 7 am and return at 6pm. Any and all tips will be greatly appreciated. The more detailed the better :-) thanks ladies!
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MunchiesMom324
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Yeah... i got nothing, mornings are disorganized and hectic here. It should be much more fun this year with my special needs 4th grader, 5k and 4ker. Yay.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Get as many things ready the night before as you can.  All backpacks should be packed and ready to go, sitting by the door that you leave the house from.  Coats and shoes should also be here, to save time looking for them in the morning.  Have clothes picked out, have lunches packed.

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Plan the night before. All clothes laid out n shoes by door. If you fix bfast or lunches, some can be done night before.

During school season I'm up by 4:30am so I can get ready n have coffee in peace. Then get house up. Summer is later n more relaxed tho.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Having everything possible ready the night before. Maybe this is more due to the set up of our house, but my kids get up and dressed before coming downstairs for breakfast. If they come down in pjs they get too lazy or "tooooo tiiiirreedddd" lol and unmotivated to go back upstairs and it turns into me nagging. I let them brush teeth downstairs to keep everyone moving. That only really applies to a 2 story house and/or kids who get lazy. ;-)

paytonleximomma
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Make sure clothes are laid out the night before, their bookbags are by the front door.  Basically make sure everything you are going to need is laid out.  That is my big thing.  Even breakfast is ready for the most part.  Otherwise mornings would be crazy for us.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Right now, don't have one.  We usually start our school routine in August.  We'll get up, shower, eat breakfast and then head out.

family in the van   Mom of four

idlehands
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

We set out clothes the night before and take baths/showers at night. Makes things a lot easier.

I get up at 5, do yoga, make lunches, then make breakfast, get the kids up and fed, then we get dressed/groomed and are out the door.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I always get lunches and snacks ready the night before. Have clothes laid out with shoes etc. And book bags ready to go. So in the morning my boys use the bathroom and brush their teeth. Then they get dressed and I'm getting breakfast milk and vitamins ready for them.
1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything that can be done the night before, do it. Get yourself up and ready first. Doing this helps me.
1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
During the school year we have a no pj's at breakfast rule. They seem to move in slow motion in pjs

Quoting SahmTam:

Having everything possible ready the night before. Maybe this is more due to the set up of our house, but my kids get up and dressed before coming downstairs for breakfast. If they come down in pjs they get too lazy or "tooooo tiiiirreedddd" lol and unmotivated to go back upstairs and it turns into me nagging. I let them brush teeth downstairs to keep everyone moving. That only really applies to a 2 story house and/or kids who get lazy. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)