Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Mom's with girls help!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 26 Replies
My first born princess turned 9 the end of June & I noticed a bit of hair under her arms. We are suppose to be moving this summer & she will be going to a new school. Anyway, I want to make her a 'my first period/ emergency' kit to keep in her backpack. What should I include? I was thinking a panty liner & pad. Anything else? I don't mean to sound dumb, but my mom didn't prepare me & I want my dd to be better prepared.
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

If you can pack it discreetly, an extra pair of undies and a ziploc baggie for soiled ones might be good.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I would read the american girl book on this and have her help make a kit.  Also talk to her doctor since it could be a while yet.   My dd is only 7 so i am trying to prepare myself as well.  I never had a kit to take to school and it wasnt that fun.  Now there are all sorts of pretty pads for tweens/teens/young adults.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I would do something fun...make the emergency pack and seal it somehow. I would put in the necessities, a few pads and a few liners and a little something fun...

Include a certificate for a *girls only* treat or activity so she doesn't find it until she has her first period. Make it something fun and special!

I plan to do this for DD. She is 10 and so far has no sign of needing it but I did the whole thing in 5th grade so we will do the same for her.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I agree w/ the book. The Care and Keeping Of You is great- I gave it to dd for her 7th b-day and she loves it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would read the american girl book on this and have her help make a kit.  Also talk to her doctor since it could be a while yet.   My dd is only 7 so i am trying to prepare myself as well.  I never had a kit to take to school and it wasnt that fun.  Now there are all sorts of pretty pads for tweens/teens/young adults.

Derpy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Make it fun,make it adorable and make it small.Its will be her own little privacy kit,but i think its a cute idea.

Far from normal.

Always am,Always will be.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Thank you for the actual title.  I didnt know what it was.  Americal girl also has a book on bullying I saw at the school library.

Quoting wakymom:

I agree w/ the book. The Care and Keeping Of You is great- I gave it to dd for her 7th b-day and she loves it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

cgarlic
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I was thinking about panties too. I do have some cute zipped bags I could use. Thanks

Quoting wakymom:

If you can pack it discreetly, an extra pair of undies and a ziploc baggie for soiled ones might be good.

cgarlic
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I got a pamphlet from here pediatrician that explains what her body will go through, but some of it I feel is too much right now. It goes into your body preparing to make babies & safe sex

Quoting frndlyfn:

cgarlic
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Can you find it on amazon or Barnes & noble?

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I learned that stuff at age 8 .  My mom read with me a book about it.  It did not lead me down any paths of premature sex if that is what you are worried about.  It talks about the biology aspect.

Quoting cgarlic:

I got a pamphlet from here pediatrician that explains what her body will go through, but some of it I feel is too much right now. It goes into your body preparing to make babies & safe sex

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN