Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

end of elementary school

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 23 Replies
so my youngest has finished fifth grade and is moving on. the end of field days, book fairs and carnivals.. pto fundraisers go on of course lol.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so jealous of you!  lol  I'm being left behind in elementary school.  My oldest son and all of my girl friend's children are moving on to middle school, I am the only one left with a child in elementary and I feel so alone.

calsmom62
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
i was in that boat for a long time. all of my friends kids were in middle or high school and i had preschoolers lol. and it seems like yesterday.
aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My son's school goes up to the 8th grade so it will be a long time before he's out of elementary school.
calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM
i like the k-8 model. we just have too large a district to use it here.

Quoting aj23:

My son's school goes up to the 8th grade so it will be a long time before he's out of elementary school.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Here there are 9 elementary schools in the whole county. The 5 outside the city limits are pre k- 8th grade and the 4 inside the city go up to 5th then they go to the middle school for 6th- 8th and then all the kids go to the same high school.
I like it. I've seen a lot of older kids help out with the younger ones which is nice.

Quoting calsmom62:

i like the k-8 model. we just have too large a district to use it here.

Quoting aj23:

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh middle school will have new and different events to explore.   I was in middle school by 4th grade given how that district was set up, then we moved to a different district and i was back in elementary school for 6th grade.

endurablemist
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD is going into 5th and moving up to the middle school. I'm not sure how I feel about it right now lol.
calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM
thanks. he is number four and final. it will just seem weird not to have one in elem. school anymore.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Oh middle school will have new and different events to explore.   I was in middle school by 4th grade given how that district was set up, then we moved to a different district and i was back in elementary school for 6th grade.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
By the time DD moves on to middle school, I'll have been in elementary school for 12 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM
lol. sounds about right.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

By the time DD moves on to middle school, I'll have been in elementary school for 12 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)