Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

7yo needs deodorant?! What do you think?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
My little man gets stinky! He plays hard, sweats and gets dirtier than a hog. My mom suggested I get him deodorant, but I don't know. He isn't starting puberty as far as I can tell, but I don't exactly investigate. He showers every night but is smelly by dinner.

Suggestions? Maybe try an all natural product?
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seymoore
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My oldest used deodorant prior to hitting puberty full blown.  I just had to find a brand that worked best for her.  If he showers before dinner it sounds to me he isn't washing off very well using soap.  My children will claim they cleaned themselves but I have found that I do not hand them the wash cloth with soap on it they don't use both of these items.  

eSamsMama
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:37 AM
He showers before getting into bed, I meant he stinks by dinner the next day. The only thing we do after baths is reading and bed.

I could have said that more clearly :)
raczac
by Cindi on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM
My oldest has had to n use deoderant since he was 6. If he doesn't use after showering he is stinking by morning. We use secret on him and it seems too work well all night and until he showers before bed.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I would suggest in all seriousness switching around bath times.  Do it right before dinner so he can start the evening off clean and then in morning he should still be clean to go out and be his active self.

endurablemist
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:40 AM
If he needs it, he needs it. Just because he hasn't started puberty doesn't mean he can't use deodorant. My DD had to start using it around 8. I'm not 100% sure but I think they have more natural deodorants on the market, we just use dove.
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:54 AM

my 5 year old daughter needs deoderant... some kids just have more active glands that develop faster.  Get one of the all natural products, like Tom's, or try one of those arm-pit stones...

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM

This.  My son has used Axe since he was 8.  When they stink, they stink and you just have to address it.

Quoting endurablemist:

If he needs it, he needs it. Just because he hasn't started puberty doesn't mean he can't use deodorant. My DD had to start using it around 8. I'm not 100% sure but I think they have more natural deodorants on the market, we just use dove.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM
My 8yr okd dd needs deoderant
bellz143
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My 8-year old daughter needs it & her friends use it too- because they need it.  I was surprised when my girlfriend told me that her daughter needed it & then not long after, my own did!  

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Ds1 had to start using deo in 2nd gr. I started him w/ unscented Arm & Hammer; he used that until 4th gr when he discovered Old Spice and has used that ever since.

I think I'm going to have to start dd (starting 2nd gr) on deo very soon, too : (  

Ds2 is going into 4th gr and doesn't seem to really need it yet. It's funny how different they are in that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN