Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you prepare breakfast every morning before school?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 70 Replies

I am trying to get into the routine of doing this even though the kids have the option to eat breakfast at school. If you prepare breakfast in the mornings, what time do you wake up? What time does school start for your kids? Last year, the bus came around 6:30am. And I was working a job where some mornings, I had to be in another city at the same time. What are some things you prepare for breakfast?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

The boys usually just have frozen waffles.  It would be nice to branch out more - and get more of a variety & healthier options.  I have time, too, since we don't need to leave the house until 7:45 to drive them to school.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Nope. My kids dont eat breakfast. They do but not for like 3 hours after waking up, its more like brunch. We just at breakfast now, and its noon, they were up at 9am.

But they have a snack at school in the am, at I think its 10am, nutrition break.

ETA. My kids get up at 7am and the bus picks them up at 8:10am up the street. They are 11 and 5. Sometimes my 5 yr old takes a banana to the bus stop. Sometimes.

dommad2
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Yes
valkins
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

During the school year, it's strickly cereal, there is not enough time to make a complete breakfast, which on the weekends consist of some type of breakfast meat and all of the fixings. I would love to cook a hot breakfast everyday, but during the school year it's all about keeping it simple. I have to get off to work and he has to get to school. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I rarely ever prepare breakfast, my children are responsible for getting their own breakfast and lunch.  When I do prepare breakfast, I make tons of extras that I freeze in serving size portions that the kids heat up for their breakfast.

My elementary aged child's bus comes at 8:35, he gets up at 7:45.  I am up more than an hour before that.

meandmyboys124
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I do. on days I know I will be rushed, I prep pancake batter the night before and have everything(plates, silverware, griddle, etc.) out and ready to go.
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I wake up at 630 and make oatmeal, cream a wheat, pancakes (from scratch), eggs, tacos etc. We have to walk out the door by 7:15
adulation
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

as long as you consider pouring a bowl of cereal to be "preparing breakfast" then yes I Do!  LOL

We can't afford to pay for breakfast at school so some days it's cold cereal, sometimes strudels, a lot of days it's oatmeal or cream of wheat, or scrambled eggs, and most times all with a side of cut up fruit.

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I would wake up around 5:30a... Wake DD up at 5:50a or so, while she woke up watching cartoons I would fix breakfast, about 6:20-6:30a she would take a quick bath & by 7am I would be doing her hair. at 7:20 we where usually done & would read a book or study sight words before school. We would leave the house around 7:45...

We had scrambled eggs almost every morning sometimes with sausage or bacon & fruit.. or I would fix pancakes/frozen waffles/cinn.rolls, oatmeal.. muffin pancakes are great since you can make & freeze them or make a batch & use them for a few days...

On occasion DD would have cereal but I was always afraid she would be starving before lunch... And on a rough week by friday Id run out of food & forget to go to store so Id end up running to McDs before waking DD up (yes someone was home with her)

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Not typically. They usually make their own, whether it be cereal, toast or bagels.  Sometimes I'll make breakfast, but it's not a usual thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)