Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

where are the best deals?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
hi there, I am new to the group and my ds1 is just about to start kindergarten! Mommy is almost as excited as the boy child, lol. Anyways, i'm looking for the best deals on school supplies, since this is my first rodeo. And I really really need the best deals on school uniforms too! So please ladies enlighten me, because I feel kinda freaked out about all of this!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I look at staples and office depot adds and buy slowly. I tend to get a lot at walmart though
corrinacs
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I would say Walmart.  Its a zoo, but I know they usually have crayons and other really common school supplies for under $1....sometimes 25cents :)

I personally don't shop there.  My school gives us the option to buy thier school supplies pack from our local School and Office Annex.  Its fairly priced ($25) and gives them EVERYTHING :)

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

As much as I hate Walmart, they do have the best deals; I got most of ds2's and dd's stuff there yesterday. Target, Meijer, and Kmart are my backup choices, followed by Staples, Office Max and Office Depot.

As for uniforms, Goodwill and consignment shops usually have them. If you don't want to go that route, I got ds1's at Walmart and Target when he needed them. Most stores carry them now.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I wanted to add I found 3 jumbo, 1 reg book cover new at savers for $2.99 when normally they are each around that price. 

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Walmart and office max both have some pretty good deals right now.

anonym00se
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I know that Target has crayons fo 50 cents. I don't know if that price will go down though.

jesusismyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/41/forums/read/18787503/School_supplies_week_of_July_15th

read this post.  It has the deals listed for this week store by store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN