Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School Supply List Challenge

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 125 Replies
2 moms liked this
since there is much talk about school supply lists and in some cases claims of exorbitant cost but no actual school supply lists have been posted( at least in my limited search). I decided to issue a challenge. post your child's actual list. take out all identifiers( school name. child's name. town). if you have bought the items post what you spent. everyone can play along and help Cafemoms save money because even if your child's school didn't give a list i bet you saw a back to school sale with folders for .15 or glue sticks 3/1.00 lets see those lists, ladies!!! UPDATE!!!!!

I'm really impressed with the participation--thank you!! it is great seeing all these lists and the differences as well as the consistency across states or provinces. now a couple of moms shared that their schools either asked for a flat dollar amount or actually sell a pre filled box of supplies. would you like it if your school said No more lists! just send a check!?
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any lists to post, because its only July, but I love it!

calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
you mean your school didn't send a list the last day of school? slacker district:). ours doesn't give them out either till the first week.
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This list will probably cost me about $40.00. It helps that I am tax exempt, and have always stocked on supplies, so some stuff I have to give DD already.

raczac
by Cindi on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No list to post as of yet. I do know that we are having two back to school parties where they give out free school supplies. These are on August 3 from 9:00am till 12:00 then on August 5th from 3:30 to 6:30. The first one is for all students in Pulaski County in ky and is at the judicial center. The second one is for students in the City of Somerset ky school district andis at Somerset High School.
Jadnorton
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's ours for kindergarten. So far we have picked up .88 Kleenex boxes at Walgreens and 4 glue sticks for .50 at office max. :)

Edit. The glue sticks was .25 for 4. :)
xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't gotten one, but I noticed both Meijer and Walmart have spiral notebooks for .17 at the moment. If I remember right, they dropped to .11 closer to the end of summer last year.

I'd post DS's list from last year (Kindergarten) for others to reference but nothing was really required except a backpack and some white t-shirts. His school provides specific folders for each class and everything else was a wishlist with no exact amounts requested or anything.

calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM
i havent seen the scholastic brand of crayons. only rose art, crayola and the kind that flake all over the table at restaurants

Quoting KairisMama:

This list will probably cost me about $40.00. It helps that I am tax exempt, and have always stocked on supplies, so some stuff I have to give DD already.

calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM
good orice on the glue sticks.

Quoting Jadnorton:

Mobile Photo

Here's ours for kindergarten. So far we have picked up .88 Kleenex boxes at Walgreens and 4 glue sticks for .50 at office max. :)

Edit. The glue sticks was .25 for 4. :)

calsmom62
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
thats great the community has school supply giveaways. our boys and girls club gives kids from disadvantaged circumstances free backpacks filled with things for school.

Quoting raczac:

No list to post as of yet. I do know that we are having two back to school parties where they give out free school supplies. These are on August 3 from 9:00am till 12:00 then on August 5th from 3:30 to 6:30. The first one is for all students in Pulaski County in ky and is at the judicial center. The second one is for students in the City of Somerset ky school district andis at Somerset High School.

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, neither have I. If Wal Mart doesn't sell them, Crayola it is. lol

Quoting calsmom62:

i havent seen the scholastic brand of crayons. only rose art, crayola and the kind that flake all over the table at restaurants

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN