Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EpiPen Users! Please Read

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey all of you,

With the start of school looming in teh coming months, some of you may have started to think about getting your allergic children's medications in order.  And I am aware as much as you are that those epipens are no cheap buggers!  That being said, Mylan (the makers of EpiPen) are here to help!

I just noticed in thier website, they have a "coupon" that looks like a prescription card.  It allows anyone to get up to 3 Epepen 2 packs (EpiPen or EpiPen Jr) with $0 copay up to $100 per injector.  You can use this card as many times as you need to through 12/31/2013.  I don't know if they will repeat the offer, but the savings this year alone is helpful!

Thought you would want to know!

http://www.epipen.com/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=epipen%20branded&utm_content=epipen%20-%20junior&utm_term=b_epipen%20for%20children_broad&MTD=2&ENG=1&CPN=1

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Cool. We just.got an epipen last month.
corrinacs
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Drat, wish I had seen it sooner for you!  I jsut happened upon it while looking for materials to teach my son how to use it.

Quoting Precious333:

Cool. We just.got an epipen last month.

Jadnorton
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
We just got ours last week. But insurance covers my sons epi pens 100% of a 2 pack every 6 months.
corrinacs
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Lucky duck!  My insurance makes me pay for $50 each.  I have to get two each time; one for school and one for home.

Quoting Jadnorton:

We just got ours last week. But insurance covers my sons epi pens 100% of a 2 pack every 6 months.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Luckily we only need one at a time because my epi-pen user is fairly responsible for a grown man.  lol  I don't even know if we pay anything for it or not.  All I know is that I've only had to stab him with it one in the past 15 years.

jennymajchszak
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Thanks I have to still get my dd's

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM

That's great. Our insurance pays 100% of ours, thankfully (since we need 4 each year- one for school and one for home for 2 different kids!)

corrinacs
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I'm in the same boat!!!  Unfortuantely, insurance doesnt' cover the entire cost of mine :(.  I end up paying about $50 a pop.

Quoting SahmTam:

That's great. Our insurance pays 100% of ours, thankfully (since we need 4 each year- one for school and one for home for 2 different kids!)

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Fortunately, we don't need one. But here's a BUMP!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

That's a great tip. I didn't know they cost so much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)