Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*warning may cause tears* 2nd Update

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 58 Replies

My daughter is in reception, which is the same as kindergarten. So ages 5 and 6 now that the year is almost over. Well I found out that her two best friends were raped while at school, on the playground during free time. I don't know how to react to this. It really hits home, being that they are best friends, and I'm good friends with the mums. There's a week left of school, and honestly, I'm terrified of sending her back, even the remainder of the year. Please offer some advice to me. I'm thinking about not having her go back and homeschooling her. The boys that did it (yes more than one) are actually in their class, which makes this situation that much more awful. I asked my daughter, and nothing happened to her, but she swears up and down that she was with them the whole time. So I'm not sure what all she saw, if anything, or...I just have no idea. I have been crying, and feeling sick to my stomach at the same time.

UPDATE: I received a text from one of the mums saying my daughter did not witness it. She asked her daughter, so mine has no clue what's going on right now. All she knows is she's not going to school tomorrow. She's going to be with me all day. Thank you for all the support ladies.

UPDATE 2: I spoke with one of the mums today and she went to the headmaster today to speak with him. He said that he cannot leagally expell the boys, and will not even ask them to leave, just based on the fact that the teachers didn't see this happen. The only thing they saw happed was the boys pulling down the girls' pants, nothing more. And since they didn't see the rape happen, they cannot expell the boy. I also found out that the penetration was not with a penis, but with figers, dirt, grass, and rocks.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Omg mama I am so sorry you're dealing with this. First off I'd say counseling is a must.

What is the school doing about it? How old are the boys.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm having trouble understanding how a five year old boy could rape a girl. I'm really not trying to be insensitive, but are you sure that you have the facts!?
mellyfury
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

wow im sure counseling should happen if she seen her best friends being raped that has to be traumatic..
i wouldn't want to send my child back but thats a very hard/sad situation. god bless your family and all involved! 

kirstensmommie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Rape doesn't have to be with a penis, it could have been a toy and anything really.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters friends. The world is a scary place even at the age of 5.

Quoting mjande4:

I'm having trouble understanding how a five year old boy could rape a girl. I'm really not trying to be insensitive, but are you sure that you have the facts!?

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If my daughter was there with them, and she did witness it, that's a very good idea, thank you. If not, then I think she'll be okay. I just don't want to send her back. You know? As far as I know, the parents have been talked to, but other than that, I'm not sure. The boys are in their class, so 5 or 6 years old. Don't ask me how they even know what that is, I have no clue.

Quoting dommad2:

Omg mama I am so sorry you're dealing with this. First off I'd say counseling is a must.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

No, it's okay, I understand. I'm not sure how they even know. But I'm just going off of what the mum has told me. One of the girls even went to the er for bleeding down there.

Quoting mjande4:

malibucj
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

How in the world did this this happen and no one saw?

And when you say rape, do you mean these little boys actually penetrated?

dommad2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Wow that's crazy!! Do you have any other options for schooling where you are or is it that school or home school only?

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

If my daughter was there with them, and she did witness it, that's a very good idea, thank you. If not, then I think she'll be okay. I just don't want to send her back. You know? As far as I know, the parents have been talked to, but other than that, I'm not sure. The boys are in their class, so 5 or 6 years old. Don't ask me how they even know what that is, I have no clue.

Quoting dommad2:

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I'm still watiting a reply from the mums to see if Avalon was around them when it happened. She said she didn't see the boys, but I don't know if she's just scared to say anything or not. My husband and I have been talking to her to let her know she can talk to us about anything, and that it's never okay for anyone to touch her private areas.

Quoting mellyfury:

wow im sure counseling should happen if she seen her best friends being raped that has to be traumatic..
i wouldn't want to send my child back but thats a very hard/sad situation. god bless your family and all involved! 

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

One girl did have bleeding, the other one did not. So I'm going to saw yes to one, and maybe to the other. From what I understand now that I've been asking around, talking to other mums, teachers don't supervise play time outside. So there are no adults. Or if there is, just one, maybe two.

Quoting malibucj:

How in the world did this this happen and no one saw?

And when you say rape, do you mean these little boys actually penetrated?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)