Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Who is ready for the kids to go back to school?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 74 Replies

*raises hand*

My son is bored out of his mind. He's an only child, and most of the kinds in our neighborhood are in daycare during the day, so he has no one to play with except me, and I have to work from home most days. 

He's bored, and I'm frustrated. The end of August can't get here soon enough. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Summer school isn't even over yet. My older kids are bored but it has been too hot to really do anything but veg in the house. They find something to do or I put them to work. Somedays I find a craft for them to do
cjsbmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Quoting my4littlegirls:

Summer school isn't even over yet. My older kids are bored but it has been too hot to really do anything but veg in the house. They find something to do or I put them to work. Somedays I find a craft for them to do

Same here. It's too darn hot to do anything outside. Next year, we're getting a swimming pool. At least that'd give us something to do in this heat. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

*raises hand*   This child is driving me nuts..  I do my best to get us out though at least once a week for a class which costs 2 dollars a session.  We are also doing summer reading through libraries.  Today we had a science experiment and we also did an art craft.  She made a tom and jerry cartoon for her art thing and for science we dissolved a peppermint candy in water.  She had to tell me what she thought would happen and draw a picture of it.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I'm ready, and a lil sad. Just 15 days till school starts!
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Its not so much bored kids as just looking forward to seeing how first grade goes for my older son & having the younger son in pre-k 3 mornings a week.  I'm probably kind of dorky in that I love watching my boys grow & develop & try new things.  I don't really even get sad about how fast they are growing - although I suppose some day I will.

mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
We are already schooling here.
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I'm not. We've kept very busy this summer. A week of vacation. A week spent with grandma. We have a splash park not too far away we go to. We got a zoo pass so we go there once a week for a few hours. We have quiet reading time. We have independent play time. We do our chores, keep our rooms picked up and beds made. After all that, my husband gets home and its dinner time... And then bath and bed. We don't have time to be bored...
jaytee
by Jen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I am NOT ready for school to start

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Not me!
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Summer school isn't over here yet either. The last day will be Friday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN