Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you pack?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 31 Replies

What kind of food do you send to school for your kids lunch or snacks?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Not sure what we'll do for lunches this year - that's a new experience for us since K was half day.  But snacks were bananas, crackers, string cheese, apples and other things I'm now forgetting.  They asked that we send healthy snacks so I stuck to that.

Femommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I sent sandwiches last year and cut them up in different shapes with cookie cutters. Sometimes I sent salads. My DD doesn't like dressing so it was a plan salad. Then we did lost of lunchables. But came to find out from her teachers she only ate the meat. Would had been nice to know before school was almost out.

Quoting GwenMB:

Not sure what we'll do for lunches this year - that's a new experience for us since K was half day.  But snacks were bananas, crackers, string cheese, apples and other things I'm now forgetting.  They asked that we send healthy snacks so I stuck to that.

calsmom62
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
heres what im packing for day camp this week.
11 yr old. powerade. water juice pouch. turkey and cheese sub with cukes. spec k granola bar. fruit like grapes or honeydew. tabletop apple pie. he gets milk at camp

14 yr old roast beef sub. powerade. water. cheese stick. apple. grapes cosmic brownie. quaker gran bar
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Lunchables most of the time. He loves pb&j and I use the no sugar added stuff so it's not nearly as bad for him. He loves baby carrots, no sugar added applesauce, raw spinach so I send that also. String cheese and simply gogurt are great too

calsmom62
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
i cant send nut products so we use sun butter. ds 14 says skip the sun butter and just put jelly. ummm no. lol

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Lunchables most of the time. He loves pb&j and I use the no sugar added stuff so it's not nearly as bad for him. He loves baby carrots, no sugar added applesauce, raw spinach so I send that also. String cheese and simply gogurt are great too

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

What I pack depends on the child.

Dd gets sandwiches, quesadillas, or pizzadillas (quesadilla w/ pizza sauce), yogurt or apple sauce, sometimes a cookie (or 2 if they are small), and a juice box.

Ds2 gets yogurt, sometimes apple sauce, Goldfish/Cheez-Its or Ritz Bitz cheese minis/those square cheese sandwich crackers, a juice box, and sometimes a cookie (or 2 if they're small). He doesn't really like sandwiches, and has to be in the right mood to eat a peanut butter one w/o jelly.

Ds1 buys frequently, but I'll send a pb&j, Goldfish or Cheez-Its, a juice box, and sometimes a couple cookies.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

sandwich of some kind, chips, fruit cup or yogurt, depending on what I buy that week and a juice box.

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Nothing, they get their lunch there. Lol.
sahmw2010
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
My dd prefers just jelly sandwhich. Lol. I let her have it on occassion

Quoting calsmom62:

i cant send nut products so we use sun butter. ds 14 says skip the sun butter and just put jelly. ummm no. lol

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I let her pick if she is eating at school or if i pack her lunch. If i pack she either asks for pbj or balogna and cheese. Or soup. And snacks are fresh fruit, string cheese, crackers, sometimes gummies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)