Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What kind of activities are you kids involved in?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 50 Replies

My oldest sister always had her boys involved with different activities. I am pretty big on extracurricular activities but I don't know what to put them in. DS did football last year and it went OK but I want to expand our horizons beyond just sports.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

My son is in band (trumpet) football, soccer, basketball, baseball and might add karate this year. My daughter is in dancing, cheer, soccer, basketball and softball. I'm hoping she'll do Girl Scouts when she's old enough. 

My son tried Cub Scouts and 4-H and didn't care for either one. He's interested in art and drawing though, so I might find a teenager to give him a few hours of art, guitar or drum lessons. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

How about hip hop dance?  Music lessons of some sort?  Graphic art class, etc.  My dd is not in any extracurricular stuff but last year for a month we tried out the cook a book class that was offered at her school.  The librarian held the class for 1st and 2nd graders an hour after school once a week.   DD loved that and she did really well.

LNLMommy
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

DD wants to get back into dance but the problem is our schedules. I can't be two places at once so they will either have to do the same thing or at least be in the same general area

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My son does multiple sports in addition to Boy Scouts. Between the two activities plus school and friends, he doesn't have time for much else. The sports he currently plays are hockey, tennis, and soccer. He only has one week of rec soccer left, and it will probably be his last week of playing it because next year he wants to play lacrosse instead.

Morticiah
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My kiddo is only four, but he started harp in April. I play cello and harp, so it is my greatest desire for him to learn an instrument. I plan to teach him what I know. If later on as he gets older if he is interested in another instrument then I will encourage that.

ambermarie2006
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Aug-Oct its football for my son and cheer for the girls.

Year round is dance for girls.

Spring they all do soccer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I would love to put my dd in dance or gymnastics. Maybe even a program with our local 4H..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
My kids are in swimming, sparks/girl guides. Bowling on a league. Swim and gym. Tots gymnastics. Soccer indoor/outdoor. Dance and trampoline. Skate club. Arts and drama club.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Too many....

all go to Antlers...a youth service organization through the Elks Lodge.

All three are in Scouts - 2 boy scouts, one junior GS.

They each do a sport...2 do gymnastics, one does karate

They all participate in church youth programs.

All three are part of the "Community Garden" but only go do that 3-4 times a year for cleanup days. They don't mind helping but have found they aren't into planting and tending.
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM

my girls are in sports but a lot of things my oldest does outside of sports are for school.  she was part of the tutoring program and student council.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)