Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you ever met a CafeMom?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 35 Replies

I was just wondering. We all talk to each other, offer advice, suggestions and interact with eachother every day. Have you ever wanted to or actually met any of the CafeMoms you talk to on site? 

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have met two CafeMoms. Both times they had planned trips to Texas and our families spent a day together. They were both as great in person as online.

Hartbrayka
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM

yes I am friends with about 4-5 cafemoms that I met here. 

mom4awesomekids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I have. 

My CM BFF drove across the country for a vist. It was great. 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I've met 4 CM friends in person.They were just as nice and fun as they are online : )

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I have met a few and there are quite a few more who I'd love to meet. 

When hanging out with them IRL, it felt like we had spent time together and known each other for years.  That first meeting wasn't awkward in the least.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I've met 3 CMs in person from other groups. I met one awhile back when CM had groups for tons of elementary schools across the US- we live in the same neighborhood and had never met, but it turned out that I graduated with her DH and she graduated with my brother. LOL

The other two I had no connection to apart from CM- I met one when she came to vacation in a town near me and another from SC when I was vacationing in Myrtle Beach.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Oh, and there's one that I haven't met in person from the PA. moms group, but my profile picture on here is the same as on FB and she recognized it. We live in the same town and had over 20 FB friends (mostly people I graduated with) in common! LOL

AJ-47
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I've met three.
The first turned out to be an absolute nutjob, and the ONLY bad experience I've had meeting people from online (and I've met A LOT of people from online, including hubs). She didn't live far from where I did (in Georgia), but thankfully, We moved to NM before I had any serious issues with her - the issues which caused me to kick her to the curb.
The second was great - she Homeschools like I do and lives here in my town; our families all went trick-or-treating together the night we met. Unfortunately, we fizzled as friends..we were both too busy, yet she didn't understand why I couldn't just drop everything and come over when she asked last minute and must have thought We were blowing them off (NOT the case, as We all liked her and her family). We ended on a very good note, though.
The third and I are still friends, but live two hours away from one another. We met the day of her youngest's second birthday party (which she invited my Family to) and we both Homeschool. Although we haven't seen each other since, we still talk occasionally and I plan to go to her housewarming party (they just bought a new house). She is lovely, and I finally found someone who talks more than I do! lol.
Precious333
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I met two moms on CM. One is no longer on CM, but we still talk irl :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)