Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are They Ready?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 87 Replies

Whose kids are ready for school to start?

I have a 5 yr old over here who starts Kindergarten (her first REAL year of school she did a 2 day a week of PREK this year) on August 14th. She has non stopped asked me when she will start.

They did Kindergarten day back in April where they met all Kindergarten teachers, played on the playground, played in the gym, had story time, snack and craft time. 

Her schools library has been open Thursdays so we have gone to story time/craft time there a few times.

She has meet and teacher greet, chapel, and drop off school supply and get her "desk" (really chair the kinders have 6 chairs to a table) on Aug. 9th.

First day of school Aug 14th.

I have her back pack, clothes and stuff (we only get stuff when she needs it so we won't buy new clothes til fall), all I need are the supplies. 

Are your kids anticipating the first day of school?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

She is looking forward to it. She is going into 2nd grade.  We have been attending playshops at a local toy store each week to help keep her brain stimulated.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

that is awesome! my niece is going into 2nd and she is dreading out my other niece (From the same sister) is going to 1st and she is thrilled to pieces. It depends on the kid I guess. LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

She is looking forward to it. She is going into 2nd grade.  We have been attending playshops at a local toy store each week to help keep her brain stimulated.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Do they know all the teachers from that grade they are moving into?  Since dd has been at the same school from the start she has gotten to know all the teachers through 5th grade so 2nd grade (barring no new teachers) will be the women she has known for 2 years but not actually in their class.

Quoting mommy053008:

that is awesome! my niece is going into 2nd and she is dreading out my other niece (From the same sister) is going to 1st and she is thrilled to pieces. It depends on the kid I guess. LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Three out of four are ready. One is starting high school, and one is starting Kindergarten (he was in Pre K last year). My son who is "not ready" has always hated school.
mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i don't know how my daughters school will be with that since she hasn't been in school there yet.

my youngest niece knows the 1st grade teachers because her sister was in first grade last year. i think my oldest niece knows a few of the 2nd grade teachers, but she just doesn't like school she does really well straight A's without trying and does well on her tests and things, she makes friends easily, she just doesn't like being there all day and waking up early. That girl likes her sleep.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do they know all the teachers from that grade they are moving into?  Since dd has been at the same school from the start she has gotten to know all the teachers through 5th grade so 2nd grade (barring no new teachers) will be the women she has known for 2 years but not actually in their class.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting frndlyfn:

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

there's always one in the bunch huh?

Quoting diaperstodating:

Three out of four are ready. One is starting high school, and one is starting Kindergarten (he was in Pre K last year). My son who is "not ready" has always hated school.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Mine aren't ready yet- we're not even half way through our summer vacation!

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
My daughter has less than a month to go :-(

Quoting SahmTam:

Mine aren't ready yet- we're not even half way through our summer vacation!

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Nah, they're not ready. Too much summer left to enjoy (they go back after Labor Day). They'll be in 2nd, 4th & 9th.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Dd is very ready, she didn't want the school year to end though. We are working on preparing her for 3rd grade. Ds is starting virtual K and we hope to be able to send him to dd's school for 1st grade. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN