Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Scary Movies?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Max
  • 27 Replies

Any recommendations for scary movies?

I don't really like slasher type movies. But I like something creepy with a good plot.

Have you seen anything that's streaming on Netflix that you would recommend? 

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I was told "mama" wa creepy and good.. I havent personally seen it. I havent seen anything good lately. All the movies hype is better than actual movie IMO
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

I was told "mama" wa creepy and good.. I havent personally seen it. I havent seen anything good lately. All the movies hype is better than actual movie IMO

I was pretty good. Better than most. 

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I am a hardcore horror movie buff.  I saw Mama and wasn't that impressed.  I actually stopped watching it because it didn't scare me at all.  That being said it takes A LOT to scare me now.  The re-make of Evil Dead is pretty darn creepy though.  If you haven't seen The Rite yet with Anthony Hopkins that one is good too. 

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I'm not into scary movies that much.  Once in a while I'll watch one and like it.

family in the van   Mom of four

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I am a hardcore horror movie buff.  I saw Mama and wasn't that impressed.  I actually stopped watching it because it didn't scare me at all.  That being said it takes A LOT to scare me now.  The re-make of Evil Dead is pretty darn creepy though.  If you haven't seen The Rite yet with Anthony Hopkins that one is good too. 

I really didn't like The Rite.

Mama wasn't all that scary, but I liked the story. I am rarely really scared by movies. I like a good plot and some creepy stuff. 

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Orphanage, orphan, mamma, gothica, poltergist, glass house, the ring, grudge humm let me think some more. I love horror flicks my dh thinks paranormal activity but I think that's just funny.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting Lorena:

Orphanage, orphan, mamma, gothica, poltergist, glass house, the ring, grudge humm let me think some more. I love horror flicks my dh thinks paranormal activity but I think that's just funny.

Do you mean the Spanish movie Orphanage? I thought that was great. 

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Yes, I find the foreign one better.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Is there an American version of the Orphanage?

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
No, I was speaking of foreign horror films in general.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Is there an American version of the Orphanage?

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)