Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Any recommendations for scary movies?

I don't really like slasher type movies. But I like something creepy with a good plot.

Have you seen anything that's streaming on Netflix that you would recommend? 

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I see. 

I totally agree. Somehow they just tell better stories than most American ones. 

What foreign ones do you like?

Quoting Lorena:

No, I was speaking of foreign horror films in general.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Is there an American version of the Orphanage?

Quoting Lorena:

Yes, I find the foreign one better.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Orphanage, orphan, mamma, gothica, poltergist, glass house, the ring, grudge humm let me think some more. I love horror flicks my dh thinks paranormal activity but I think that's just funny.

Do you mean the Spanish movie Orphanage? I thought that was great. 

Lorena
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I like just about any but I have to say my favorite is the girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I see. 

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Orphanage, orphan, mamma, gothica, poltergist, glass house, the ring, grudge humm let me think some more. I love horror flicks my dh thinks paranormal activity but I think that's just funny.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM

This was very good

Next Door

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Love Japanese horror...The Grudge, The Ring, The Eye, Premonition, Reincarnation(really good).

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I read the books and I saw the American version of the first one. I haven't watched the original movies because I already know the story so well. Every time I start to watch it I turn it off. Maybe in a few years when I've forgotten some of it I will be more interested. 

I just have a hard time getting into something when I know what's going to happen. 

Quoting Lorena:

I like just about any but I have to say my favorite is the girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I see. 

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Love Japanese horror...The Grudge, The Ring, The Eye, Premonition, Reincarnation(really good).

I haven't seen Premonition or Reincarnation. I will check those out. 

I did recently watch Audition and Battle Royal. I liked both of them even though they were super gory. 

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM

The Eye 2 is good as well.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

I haven't seen Premonition or Reincarnation. I will check those out. 

I did recently watch Audition and Battle Royal. I liked both of them even though they were super gory. 

~Hillarie~
Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic Sons

ReeseStrickland
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Last I checked pans labrynth was on there. That's a good one and not too predictable.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting ReeseStrickland:

Last I checked pans labrynth was on there. That's a good one and not too predictable.

I LOVE that one. It's absolutely beautiful. And no, not all predictable. 

I would kind of like to see an American version of that. But I also kind of think it would be ruined. 

Lorena
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM
i saw the foreign first I didn't even know about the books until after the first one. But I tried to watch the American version but could not get into it.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I read the books and I saw the American version of the first one. I haven't watched the original movies because I already know the story so well. Every time I start to watch it I turn it off. Maybe in a few years when I've forgotten some of it I will be more interested. 

I just have a hard time getting into something when I know what's going to happen. 

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I see. 

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting Lorena:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)