Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Any recommendations for scary movies?

I don't really like slasher type movies. But I like something creepy with a good plot.

Have you seen anything that's streaming on Netflix that you would recommend? 

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Replies (21-27):
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Insidious

autodidact
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM

The Eternal with Christohper Walken

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Are you afraid of the dark is good, its on streaming

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
The orphanage is good!! The remake of Evil Dead is not bad but I haven't seen a good one is some time
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I read the books, but haven't seen the American version. I had a hard time getting into the foreign movie trilogy for the same reason. I still put it in my Netflix queue hoping to watch it again maybe in a year or so. Hopefully it will still be instant view then.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I read the books and I saw the American version of the first one. I haven't watched the original movies because I already know the story so well. Every time I start to watch it I turn it off. Maybe in a few years when I've forgotten some of it I will be more interested. 

I just have a hard time getting into something when I know what's going to happen. 

Quoting Lorena:

I like just about any but I have to say my favorite is the girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting ReeseStrickland:

Last I checked pans labrynth was on there. That's a good one and not too predictable.

I LOVE that one. It's absolutely beautiful. And no, not all predictable. 

I would kind of like to see an American version of that. But I also kind of think it would be ruined. 

I've only seen the American one, by the same person who did Hell Boy. I didn't know there was a foreign version. I'll have to check it out.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm waiting very impatiently for season 3 of Walking Dead to hit Netflix....Ugh. Even my son is addicted to it now, so his impatience is increasing mine. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)