Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what do you think about school uniforms?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:52 AM
  • 61 Replies

just out of curiosity --- did your kids need to wear school uniforms when went to school? do they even have school uniforms? do you like the idea that children all wear the same school uniforms?

we live in Xi'an, China and all students here needed to wear school uniforms when went to school. I don't really like the idea since the uniform is not that handsome....it's just some tracksuit....and it is hard to identify my own kid among a sea of kids all wearing the same clothes. But some said that it is good to let all children wear the same because this way some certain discrimination and problems will be avoided.

what do you think?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Ds' school doesn't require uniforms, but I don't mind either way. I would be in favor of uniforms, actually.

tel4him
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Our kids don't need them, but I think they're a great idea.  They take all that pressure of wearing the "right" clothes away from kids so they can concentrate on their studies.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
We don't have uniforms here but I wouldn't be opposed to them. It would make mornings easier and I would probably save money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoo003
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM
My kids wear uniforms to their schools and personally, I like it. I think it takes the focus off of what everyone is wearing and places it on what they are learning.
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM

we are in a private Catholic school, and we have uniforms.  They are not ugly, and I like the convenience and lack of drama... you get up, you put this on, you go to school.  No discussion.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I HATED when dd had to wear a uniform. They were over priced. I ended up sending money back home to MI to my mon because i could get the stuff she needs for hell of a lot cheaper than at the store where it is required. At walmart (because no uniforms were availiable at the thrift store) was $15 for shirt, $25 for pant. I bought both for $8 each back in MI. Plus u have to buy seperate clothes for her to change into after school and to wear on weekends. I dished out more money. I alwYx though uniforms were a good idea, no "i want what suzie has" but after dealing with them, i hate uniforms
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Not sure if this is everywhere, but where i lived, u spent more money needing uniforms because they were more expensive then normal clothes, plus u need different clothes for them to change into after so they dont ruin uniform plus clothes for weekend. I spent more money on clothes when needing uniforms then i have ever spent before

Quoting coolmommy2x:

We don't have uniforms here but I wouldn't be opposed to them. It would make mornings easier and I would probably save money.
Danyell9301
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Here they wear uniforms. But they can wear any color shoes or hair bows they want. I like the uniform things

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I like the idea of school uniforms.  My kid's school requires uniforms, but the Polos are different colors according to grade level.  This year my daughter's in 1st grade so she'll be wearing navy blue polos and khaki bottoms and my son will be in Kindergarten so he'll be wearing Kelly green polos and khaki bottoms. 

ETA:  And every Friday they can wear blue jeans, but only the school's t-shirt.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I like having uniforms.  It makes mornings so much easier and it was cheaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)