Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School supplies

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the school supply lists? I am dreading my 3 year old starting school in a few years and doubling the school supplys to buy.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

No my sons isnt bad IMO.. Since he goes to private I was expecting more I guess. For our daughter we pay a twice yearly supply fee of 115. My son is def cheaper than that!
2 Crayola washable thick classic markers – 8 count
2 Crayola 7” colored pencils – 12 counts
1 Fiskars brand 5” blunt scissors
2 pink bevel erasers
2 Crayola crayons – 24 count
4 Elmer's glue sticks - 0.77 oz.
2 – 70 count spiral composition books – wide rule
1 small plastic pencil box
1 - 1/16” wooden ruler with standard and metric measurements
1 Red plastic pocket only folder
2 Blue plastic pocket only folders
1 Yellow plastic pocket only folder
1 Fiskars pencil & crayon sharpener
1 Prang washable watercolor paints – 8 count
24 pre-sharpened #2 pencils
1 Black pocket & brad folder

susieQ680
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

not me my list isn't very long

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Our lists aren't too bad. Luckily this year I already got my shopping done so I only had to go to one store. The only time I find it overwhelming is if I wait until the last minute when the stores are picked over, and end up having to go to more than one place.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Our lists aren't too bad this year- that may be because I'm used to shopping for 3 kids and now I'm down to 2 kids since I don't have my oldest's middle school list yet.

I do get a little overwhelmed when I combine the lists, though. It shouldn't be that confusing, but it is. LOL I know how our Walmart is laid out, so I write out the supplies from the back of the store to the front. I combine the things that are the same on kids' lists and then just have the leftover items listed, but then after they are bought I have to divide them back out to each individual kid. Doesn't sound so bad typing it out, but it confuses me every year. lol

JadensMommy2
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I wish our school would give us the list. Apparently we have a teachers list & a student list.  

babynurse244
by Beth on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I haven't gotten the lists for this year yet, buti picked up a few things for my kids already at Walmart yesterday - Crayola 24 pack crayons, two pack of pink erasers, e pack of glue sticks for fifty cents each, pencil box fifty seven cents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My kid's school supply lists aren't too bad really. All your basic stuff and I'm SHOCKED we don't have to buy dry erase markers this year! I'm not complaining. My kids need ear buds but you can get those for $1 these days, so no big deal. 

jbfcmom
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Mine doubled this year with my 2nd child starting kindy. We just went to Walmart the other day and spent $120 total. I have learned from the past to just go to walmart early and get it done. I spend too much money in gas trying to buy a couple of items here and there when they rarely even beat walmart's prices. Plus, if I wait too much longer walmart will be picked over, I have had that problem every other year. If I happen to be somewhere that has a better sale I can always return items, but at least now I can say it is all bought and done.
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

actually. dd list isnt too badthis year

Mamie_85
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM

nope. i have no problem buying supplies. i buy extras as well, just in case some parents can't afford it. my husband and i are both very lucky to have full time jobs, but i do feel for the parents who are struggling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)