Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are the little ones?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 64 Replies

My oldest starts school Aug 14th her sister will be going to a daycare for 3 days a week...where are your little ones go while their big siblings are at school? I only work Mon-Thurs 9-2:30 so my little one is with her dad Mon, Tues (he doesn't work those days) and she is in daycare wed thurs and fridays ONLY when I volunteer at DDS school. 

so where does your little one go while siblings are at school?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Our oldest is now out of hs, our other 2 are both in elementary school. Before the boys started school they went to daycare 3 days/week. They stayed home with their dad the other 2 days (his then days off when he worked day shift). My dd was in daycare 5 days a week before starting kindergarten.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

All of my kids are school-aged now. When there were younger ones at home they were mostly with me since I'm a SAHM, but at age 4 (ages 4 and 5 for my oldest) they went to preschool 3 mornings a week for 2 1/2 hours.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Aw that's nice!!! I bet they enjoyed getting out and around others!

Quoting SahmTam:

All of my kids are school-aged now. When there were younger ones at home they were mostly with me since I'm a SAHM, but at age 4 (ages 4 and 5 for my oldest) they went to preschool 3 mornings a week for 2 1/2 hours.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Isn't it nice when the hubbys have off days during the week? Saves a ton of moola!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Our oldest is now out of hs, our other 2 are both in elementary school. Before the boys started school they went to daycare 3 days/week. They stayed home with their dad the other 2 days (his then days off when he worked day shift). My dd was in daycare 5 days a week before starting kindergarten.

kcook55
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Both my kids will be in school this year but they both will be going to before/after school care I think it might be right at there school not real sure yet. Last year I put dd in daycare with a preschool program from 6:30an to as late as 5:30 pm depending on when me our my mom got off work
mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM

It was nice. I also liked that I didn't have to rush around and get everyone where they needed to be on the mornings he was home, lol.

Quoting mommy053008:

Isn't it nice when the hubbys have off days during the week? Saves a ton of moola!

Quoting mumsy2three:

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Oh man that's a long day. My work yrs are 9-230 so she will go to daycare 830-330 my dd will be in school 8-3

Quoting kcook55:

Both my kids will be in school this year but they both will be going to before/after school care I think it might be right at there school not real sure yet. Last year I put dd in daycare with a preschool program from 6:30an to as late as 5:30 pm depending on when me our my mom got off work

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Ah yes that will be nice my youngest hasn't been in daycare since she was 19 mths so this should be interesting.

Quoting mumsy2three:

It was nice. I also liked that I didn't have to rush around and get everyone where they needed to be on the mornings he was home, lol.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting mumsy2three:

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Since I worked, the younger ones would go to daycare before they entered school.  Now they are all in school so my daycare is minimum.

family in the van   Mom of four

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM
That's awesome! My oldest will thankfully not have to go to before or after care!

Quoting soymujer:

Since I worked, the younger ones would go to daycare before they entered school.  Now they are all in school so my daycare is minimum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)