Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

school lunch ideas

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

so this will be the first time my dd will be going to school all day (1st grader) and she doesnt eat school lunches and wants to pack her lunch so i dont want it to get boring so give me your school lunch ideas.she can also take hot and cold stuff we bought some of the hot and cold thermos for her so she can take soups and salads and such.

she likes pretty much anything but loves Peanut butter but its banned in her school she we will give her sun butter.but that can get old

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

What types of things does she typically like at home?   My dd liked soup for hot food and then for cold foods, she would take pretzels, fresh fruit, crackers etc.  She is not much of a sandwich eater so we have to be creative.   The thermos funtainer she loves since the food stays hot whole day.

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

It all depends on her tastes.  My kids like a variety- so they can choose from sandwiches, wraps, salads, and soup.  The sandwiches I offer are pb&j,  tuna, ham, turkey or bologna.  Also chicken salad or egg salad sandwiches.  Wraps are the same just wrapped in a flour tortilla.  Soup can be left overs from the night before or from a can. 

Then they get water or juice, crackers or chips, a treat (pudding, candy, cookies, etc) and a fruit or yogurt (which is sometimes eaten for their school snacks).

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(10), Mariah(9), Matthew(9), Blake(7), Laila(3), Athena(10 mo), Sage(m/c 4/13), and our newest EDD 03/20/14!!!

JTROX
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM

My boys like wheat thins, pepperonis, and cheese chunks instead of a sandwich.

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM

You should check Pinterest for ideas - there are loads! I've packed boiled eggs, homemade hot pockets (the dough is simple), multi-grain mini crackers, cheese sticks, snap peas, and applesauce...there's tons of stuff.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Pretty anything she eats for lunch at home, she can take to school.

Bretnasmommy
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
We do pb&j sandwiches, pb&j rollups, fruit, a banana, ravioli's(my son doesn't like them heated up so I just transfer them into an easier container to open), string cheese, cut up hot dogs, cheese quesadillas, I can't remember what else haha. Sometimes I send chips as a side, a granola bar, fruit chews, sometimes I'll surprise him with a cookie or something sweet. It just depends.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

orliesmom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM

My son is pretty basic and we buy lunchables when they are on sale and just regular sadwhiches he loves them. There are times when he does eat at school though.

abecee
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Frozen yogurt tubes are a big hit in this house.  I use the containers with a refreezeable ice insert for cut up fruits and vegetables. 

joshlor2
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Sandwiches, roll ups
Lunch meat and cheese cut into shapes
Pepperoni and cheese
Thermos with leftover spaghetti or soups
Chips
Crackers
Fruit
Veggies and dip
Gummies
Yogurt
Granola bars
toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I have a partitioned container that I pack my daughter's lunch in, one spot for a sandwich a spot for fruit/ veggie and a spot for a side. For the sandwiches, I make homemade uncrustables, lunch meat sandwiches, ham and cheese roll ups, tortilla roll ups (filled with cheese, meat and cheese, peanut butter), crackers with meat and cheese, pretzel crackers with peanut butter and a few with Nutella, bagel sandwiches. I also have a thermos (which I LOVE) and I regularly send leftovers, pizza (cut up so it fits), chicken nuggets, etc. I know a lot of those involve peanut butter, but you can sub it for the sun butter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)