Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm dreading going "back to school" shopping

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 49 Replies

Yup, I hate it. Mostly because of what the fashion trend is these days. My daughter is 8 and is going into 3rd grade. And she is bigger than a lot of other kids. Not fat or anything. Just taller and thicker than most normal 8 years old. And all I can seem to find is "skinny jeans". She hates them. She despises skinny jeans and I dont blame her. Its like the jeans are lightly strangling your ankles.

She hates going to find jeans for school. I can never find a size that fits her. I always have to go slightly bigger and have to make her wear a belt so her butt crack doesnt show and that ways I know they fit her come November/December.

Its really frustrating.

Any stores that you favor going too for school cothes??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My 8 yr old loves Justice. I also get her clothes at Kohls and Target.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Old Navy

Amazon

Carters

Osh Kosh

Target

Burlington Coat factory

Kohls

MamatoKy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I've never actually been in Justice. But there is one in the mall, so I might have to try there and see if they have some flare or bootcut jeans for her!

I love Kohls too! She likes Kohls as well! Just waiting on their back to school savings to start!

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

CafeMom Tickers
MamatoKy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I never have any luck at Old Navy, Carters or Osh Kosh with her.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Old Navy

Amazon

Carters

Osh Kosh

Target

Burlington Coat factory

Kohls

CafeMom Tickers
paytonleximomma
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

For DS I shop Target, Kohls and a farm store called Theisen's. Theisen's is for his jeans because they are long enough and fit will in the waist for him because is tall. For DD I shop Abercombie, Buckle, Target, Kohls, American Eagle, Forever 21, Wet Seal and Delia's.  DD is going into the 6th grade but is super tall and super skinny so this are about the only store that I can find jeans small enough and long enough for her.   

littleangie
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

The Children's Place, Babygap, and Gymboree are the stores that I like to shop.  I always shop clearance and off season.  You can get nice things that are pretty cheap.  I went to Gymboree the other day and found a nice dress for $4.59.  I could not believe and had to ask the sales associate if the price was right. 

I also hate the skinny jeans fashion.  It looks so uncomfortable.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting MamatoKy:

I never have any luck at Old Navy, Carters or Osh Kosh with her.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Old Navy

Amazon

Carters

Osh Kosh

Target

Burlington Coat factory

Kohls

With old navy carter or osh kosh I shop on line and find better deals and my son size then I do in the store.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The nice thing about Justice is they have half sizes too, that might fit your daughter better. And yes Kohls has the best sales!

Quoting MamatoKy:

I've never actually been in Justice. But there is one in the mall, so I might have to try there and see if they have some flare or bootcut jeans for her!

I love Kohls too! She likes Kohls as well! Just waiting on their back to school savings to start!

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
DD is also 8 going into 3rd. I just went to Gap kids yesterday...40% off everything. For $17, I got her leggings, a sweater and flip flops. The original price of the sweater was $34.95! She's an XL there (12). My store didn't have a lot in her size but it might be worth checking out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope so! That child has no butt! So her jeans never stay up! hahaha. I just hope we can find her some things soon. We have 28 days until school starts, but I'd rather space it out and buy stuff so I dont go broke all at once.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

The nice thing about Justice is they have half sizes too, that might fit your daughter better. And yes Kohls has the best sales!

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)