• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dingy & faded shirts!!! Can anyone HELP??

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is 7, soon going to 2nd. Grade and she has some favorite shirts that still fit and are nice shirts that she wants to wear to School again this year the problem is that they have gotten dingy and faded. Is there anything I can do to brighten them up???? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Have you tried using Oxy Clean?

Truluv4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
No, does it really work??

Quoting steelcrazy:

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I always use Oxy Clean or clorox 2. But once shirts are dingy and faded... my thoughts are they will probably stay that way. Maybe for future clothes switch your detergent and wash in cold. You might also be using too much detergent. Tide is supposed to prevent the fading. Not sure how true that is though. I prefer All Stainlifter.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

It works great on stains and stuff, but I doubt that it will be able to bring back color to faded clothing.  Once something is faded, there really isn't anything that you can do.  Another poster gave you some good suggestions on preventing fading.

Quoting Truluv4ever:

No, does it really work??

Quoting steelcrazy:

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

mom22tumblebugs that washing the clothes normally in cold water will prevent fading in the future. We used to use Tide, but recently switched to Purex. 

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

If the shirts are faded, no.  But if they are just dingy and have stains, soak them in oxyclean.  But don't just throw it in with the wash, soak them for like a day.

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM

i use viniger it seems to help a lot!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)