Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a great educational game website

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey mamas I just wanted to know how many of you use www.turtlediary.com with your kids? My oldest will be in K this fall and he LOVES this site. it has games in science, math, english, puzzles and words for toddlers,through 2nd grade. Do you have any other sites your kids learn alot from?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

almost all the different childrens site she has learned from and they are free.  We had dl'd  Zoodles browser on desktop as well for her but we forgot to update her age so she outgrew it.

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I will look for that and download it! Yea the free ones I had found were not very good and he didn't enjoy them so he didn't learn. The turtlediary is 9 bucks a month and he always begs to use my computer to play the games so does my 3.5 yr old!

Quoting frndlyfn:

almost all the different childrens site she has learned from and they are free.  We had dl'd  Zoodles browser on desktop as well for her but we forgot to update her age so she outgrew it.

surromama
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Starfall.com. It is used at my sons school. He used it in K and 1st, but I am sure it goes higher. He also uses it at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Which type of educational games are you looking for or would he be interested in?

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Teach Your Monster To Read

Starfall

Cool Math 4 Kids

ABC Ya (this link goes to the K section)

AAA Math (1st grade)

Seussville

The kids use a bunch of fun-based learning sites in school and they provided a list (and logins) at the end of the year. I think the ones I listed are all free, not sure.

Femommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids us ABCya, PBS kids, IXL, Cookie, Disney Jr, Nick Jr, and Sprout Online. I will have to check out the one you mentioned. Never heard of it.

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Anything that will help him in school and spark his interest to keep learning. Right now he LOVES school, so I want to do anything I can to keep his love and interest in learning

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which type of educational games are you looking for or would he be interested in?

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of that. I'll check it out. I use:

http://www.starfall.com/

http://www.abcmouse.com/ (pay site)

http://www.nickjr.com/games

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Thanks ladies!! We currently use turtlediary, pbskids, disney, nick jr, sprout. I would like to try abc mouse but they are a bit expensive. Have any reviews? Is it worth the money?

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

My 3 yo loves it, and plays it daily. I actually signed up, and they had a new member deal. I could pay $8.99 a month, or $19.99 for 3 mos, making it $60 for the year.

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

Thanks ladies!! We currently use turtlediary, pbskids, disney, nick jr, sprout. I would like to try abc mouse but they are a bit expensive. Have any reviews? Is it worth the money?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)