• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you taking the kids the first day of school?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 35 Replies
Usually i work either 7:00am to 3:30pm to 8:00am to 4:30pm which will not allow me to take the kids there first day dd starts kindergarten this year. Yesterday i put in a request at work to change my schedule working outside my set availability they did approve it. So i will be taking the kids the first day. will you be taking your kids there first day?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

No. We did last year and it was just ciaos so they will take the bus.

kittyx4
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest starts kindergarten this fall, and its mandatory that at least 1 parents attend the first day. So ya :) My hubby and I will take our daughter to her first day of school. Even if it wasn't mandatory we still would. :)

kcook55
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting kittyx4:

My oldest starts kindergarten this fall, and its mandatory that at least 1 parents attend the first day. So ya :) My hubby and I will take our daughter to her first day of school. Even if it wasn't mandatory we still would. :)

If it was mandatory i attend the first day i would seriously tell them too bad i have to work. its hard enough to get approved for an adjusted shift let alone a whole day off, but the sooner i put requests in the better chances i have on getting them approved 

oOoLeilanioOo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I'm not sure how it's going to work out but I want to take DD into kindergarten every day! :)

kcook55
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Quoting oOoLeilanioOo:

I'm not sure how it's going to work out but I want to take DD into kindergarten every day! :)

Good luck with that one! When ds was in kindergarden i took him into the gym thats where the kids waited for there teacher to come get them every morning. But they have since changed that policy, they dont want all the parents in the school for the safety of the children. Both kids will be in before school care and most days i will be at work 1 1/2 hours before school starts.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

No, my boys will ride the bus like they always do.  I will drive myself to school alone. Parents aren't permitted past the lobby any way, so it really doesn't make any sense to drive them when they could ride the bus.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I'll take my 3rd grader, which is probably the first time since kinder.

My highschoolers - I believe their comments were "Over your dead body mom!" Which is fine because they have to be there at 7am.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I take mine everyday. There is no bus as they go to private school. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM

i always have!!!

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Last year i didn't because i wanted her used to riding the bus. This i think i will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)